A Plan

TheTeapot

11 hours ago, Barlow said:

I'm not sure why, but anyway, I think we need I ❤️ Man Government T-shirts.

I suggest with sort of witty and whimsical slogans:

Don’t Hassle the Howie (he's gone now though)

Don’t mouth the Alf

Don’t Trash the Ash

Don’t Drive the Lawrie

Don’t Dilly with the Daph

Don’t diss the Chris

Don’t Bet on Clare

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Vision 2020 anyone?

That was visited only once by Tynwald after the document was published.

In 2016, at the start of the then new administration, I sent emails to the newly elected in our constituency asking if/when either of them were going to ask the CM to provide an update on what had been achieved up to that point.

Zero on all levels, no response and no update. The whole thing was binned. A complete waste of resources.

This latest effort will probably go the same way. It will be forgotten within 2 years and we'll probably only see one or may be two department's reports laid before Tynwald before something more urgent needs to be dealt with.

The style and content of the CM's Introduction is most definitely not from his hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is giving plenty of airtime to KLB who is doing nothing but bullshit. 

PlanFlex, Yearly Tynwald Conference are the latest buzzwords being trotted out. Do the public get a say with this conference, or is an extra special extraordinary extravaganza, an orgy of hot air super Tynpotwald sitting. It’s beginning to sound more like a civil servants and politicians wet dream. It’s obvious they are carrying on from the last administration. I thought Alf had got away from all the gimmicks and stunts?

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

That was visited only once by Tynwald after the document was published.

In 2016, at the start of the then new administration, I sent emails to the newly elected in our constituency asking if/when either of them were going to ask the CM to provide an update on what had been achieved up to that point.

Zero on all levels, no response and no update. The whole thing was binned. A complete waste of resources.

This latest effort will probably go the same way. It will be forgotten within 2 years and we'll probably only see one or may be two department's reports laid before Tynwald before something more urgent needs to be dealt with.

The style and content of the CM's Introduction is most definitely not from his hand.

It looks like a civil servants offering. Obviously Alf has zero control over them

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Two months after the election (though to be fair it's more like seven weeks) the governing party releases the first draft of its manifesto.  Let's not be too hasty here.

Wonder if the foraging vintners will make the final cut? Someone must be friends giving those deckchairs a third of a page photo 

• 2 months later...

What a complete and utter fiasco Alfie’s chumps in COMIN have done in todays Tynpotwald. The motion failed to carry and .8 MHKs voted against and consequently it has to be redebated in February Tynpotwald. Former CM was useless but he at least was able to get his showpiece policies voted through. This document was a complete work of a modern version of Manx Fairy Tales. 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:54 PM, James Blonde said:

Good. 

In other news KLB is a massive improvement over Harmer who somehow bluffed and blustered his way through 5 years. 

True. Harmer got most of his policies through the Keys and Tynpotwald. KLB and Alfie could even get a major COMIN policy through. 

37 minutes ago, 2112 said:

What a complete and utter fiasco Alfie’s chumps in COMIN have done in todays Tynpotwald. The motion failed to carry and .8 MHKs voted against and consequently it has to be redebated in February Tynpotwald. Former CM was useless but he at least was able to get his showpiece policies voted through. This document was a complete work of a modern version of Manx Fairy Tales. 

So basically you're complaining that the Island Plan is completely useless and that Tynwald didn't pass it.

I'm reminded of the old joke about two old ladies sitting complaining in a restaurant:

"The food here is terrible!"

"Yes - and such small portions!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1