A Plan

TheTeapot

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Kate Lord Brennan's message

That is the saddest indictment of Democracy that I have heard in many years of following Manx politics, if a Woman were bullied  like that there would, rightly, be an outcry!

Juan W questioned it but we don't like him, do we? So, ignoring him, who else voted it down?

Fact is, from the twitter/facebook comments above there are those of our representatives who are willing to toe the Comin line regardless of their mandate from their constituents and their manifesto promises of open and answerable <Govt to support their role in Govt.

Voting against Comin will not cost them any monetary loss, perhaps they have not realised this yet?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Seems understandable if the Chuckle Brothers didn't contribute anything to the process. 

Hahaha, tickled me that.

I followed that little spat and thought KLB was rather priggish personally.

What amused me was how quickly the Krankies got in on the act by commenting on Jason's post in unison. Tim Glover let everyone know that he deserved adulation for standing up to Alf, and his wife reminded us that we have 2 ears and a mouth (there is a Foxdale gag in there), and that it's a democracy.

Tbf, I think on this rare occasion Jason has the moral high ground, and KLB comes across as a sanctimonious cow! Somewhere in THE PLAN, I am sure I saw something about engaging with members and the public, taking on board everyone's views - It makes me wonder if KLB has actually read THE PLAN herself or if she is just firing bullets for Alf 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Voting against Comin will not cost them any monetary loss, perhaps they have not realised this yet?

Some of them are desperate to have the power, authority, and most of all status, of being a Government Minister. They are demonstrating that if in the future they are invited to join this club, the Chief Minister will not hear any dissenting voice from them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

Hahaha, tickled me that.

What amused me was how quickly the Krankies got in on the act by commenting on Jason's post in unison. Tim Glover let everyone know that he deserved adulation for standing up to Alf, and his wife reminded us that we have 2 ears and a mouth (there is a Foxdale gag in there), and that it's a democracy.

Tbf, I think on this rare occasion Jason has the moral high ground, and KLB comes across as a sanctimonious cow! Somewhere in THE PLAN, I am sure I saw something about engaging with members and the public, taking on board everyone's views - It makes me wonder if KLB has actually read THE PLAN herself or if she is just firing bullets for Alf 🤔

Behind every good Chuckle Brother there is a wife. Making it clear who is pulling the strings and who wears the shoes.

3 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

Hahaha, tickled me that.

Read it? I'm sure the lady wrote it

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Looks like Juan is leading a southern revolution against Alf as all MHKS south of fairy bridge voted against!

He’s another one whose wife is on his fb page supporting him.

If it was a husband writing to support his politician wife, then it would attract all sorts of sexism comments.

• 2 weeks later...

The NPM are giving this story an airing today with Alfie in full bullshit bingo calling mode, ready for the extra extraordinary Tynpotwald session on Tuesday, after a HOK session - in other words a full day beckons. He must be really really desperate, the way he comes across suggests he is fighting to get this ‘showpiece’ document through. Maybe there are still waverers and those who have examined this ‘document’ have probably thought what a load of shite, I’m not voting for this rubbish.

I would hazard a guess that there is going to be many many extraordinary Tynpotwald sessions, when legislation, rules and regulations imposed by COMIN are voted out.

Edited by 2112

36 minutes ago, 2112 said:

He must be really really desperate, the way he comes across suggests he is fighting to get this ‘showpiece’ document through. Maybe there are still waverers and those who have examined this ‘document’ have probably thought what a load of shite, I’m not voting for this rubbish.

I would hazard a guess that there is going to be many many extraordinary Tynpotwald sessions, when legislation, rules and regulations imposed by COMIN are voted out.

The Plan as far as I understand it is effectively the Government's manifesto and why it is obviously good that all members are given the opportunity to review and comment on, it is not a piece of legislation or similar so does it really need to go before Tynwald for review and approval? Surely Govt, if they wanted, could just they this is our plan and then get on with it, with or without debate or approval. I appreciate the latter is better but I am struggling to understand why this is a big issue. If I was AC I might be tempted to say we gave you an opportunity to review and debate, you turned down the opportunity which is your prerogative but we are now going to get on with what we believe requires doing.  

Alfie will be skewered by his own actions. Quayle, Ashy and Co liked to be different and push their will. Alfie likes to think he’s different, a more benevolent dictator, more open and amenable to criticism. If he pushed through his agenda without the scrutiny I’m sure the natives will become restless, and more and more legislation and government business will get bogged down.