Newson's on the Quay

Ramseyboi

Actually, there's time for an appeal yet! As there often is in these cases? Retain the stone finish and the old hoist? Yes, that'll do!!! Paint the woodwork green? Even better!!!

The 'for sale', if true, is just pique. Silly way for a development company to behave?

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think it has anything to do with him?

It is however a disgrace of the highest order, this sh@thole is going to hell in a handcart. 

Invest in the Isle of Man? Why the hell would you?

Other than being a representative for Kelproperties and posting all over Twitter about it...

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Other than being a representative for Kelproperties and posting all over Twitter about it...

Appointing him as their political activist seemed a weird move. From what I can see, his only political lapdog is Hooper, who nobody serious cares about or listens to.

let’s not forget who funds the MTPA too…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Actually, there's time for an appeal yet! As there often is in these cases? Retain the stone finish and the old hoist? Yes, that'll do!!! Paint the woodwork green? Even better!!!

The 'for sale', if true, is just pique. Silly way for a development company to behave?

You could be right, but I have a gut feeling you might not be. I get tje feeling they have wasted enough money on this and maybe are resigned to the fact that the IOM is a backwards place where planning is concerned. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Reason counts for nothing.

I'm going to call it cosy nook syndrome. 

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why wasn’t Ashford chairing the meeting today, the chair was someone called Sam Skelton who said the design didn’t fit into a conservation area?

A NED at Conister Bank. I hope they didn’t fund the development. 

https://www.conisterbank.co.im/news/appointment-new-non-executive-directors/

Edited by Wavey Davey

Just now, Banker said:

What does he know about his planning & where’s Ashford?

He’s a banker with a 35 year lending track record according to his LinkedIn profile. I have to say it was inferred further back in this thread but you get the impression that the MDC is looking to get some sites on the cheap. I wonder if Conister already know where they can flip this disaster to, to get their money back? 

28 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

He’s a banker with a 35 year lending track record according to his LinkedIn profile. I have to say it was inferred further back in this thread but you get the impression that the MDC is looking to get some sites on the cheap. I wonder if Conister already know where they can flip this disaster to, to get their money back? 

Or Jim wants to buy it on the cheap for himself..

9 hours ago, Banker said:

Why wasn’t Ashford chairing the meeting today, the chair was someone called Sam Skelton who said the design didn’t fit into a conservation area?

How much of the rest of the Douglas Harbour redevelopment from 2002< fits into the "conservation area" FFS?

Chinese granite everywhere on both North and South quays, there was no compunction about dropping and rebuilding the old Riley's warehouse when it was found to be unfit for anything, Quay West when EB Christian's was dropped.

There's nothing original about any of the rest of it to warrant a conservation area.

• Like 4

Whatever the rights and wrongs and arguments over this project, the loser is North Quay. I do find it strange that the chair of Cowley Groves is adding his two pennerth. Is he upset that he gets a derelict site to sell, or the loss of lots of lively new individual apartment buildings to sell, and the commission gained? Either way they gain. Whatever became of the petition?