Newson's on the Quay

Ramseyboi

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, NoTail said:

I don't want to start a new thread. Work on the big building in Duke Street seems to have stopped. Not seen any activity there for ages. If the developer has gone broke that will be an eyesore for years. 

The placard on the hoarding shows a workman apparently contemplating suicide

• 2 months later...

More planning madness.  Congratulations Ramsey, your attempts to develop in any form or have anything other than charity shops (or vacant charity shops) are outstanding. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/fynoderees-outdoor-seating-plans-delayed/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

More planning madness.  Congratulations Ramsey, your attempts to develop in any form or have anything other than charity shops (or vacant charity shops) are outstanding. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/fynoderees-outdoor-seating-plans-delayed/

This is all about people not liking Paul Kerruish and little else. What a great way to help the hospitality trade try to recover from the mega losses made over covid. Only in the IOM could you see such spiteful narrow mindedness at play at businesses trying to re-boot our economy with their own money. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Like 1

What on earth is wrong with this proposal for an outdoor seating area, from which people can watch the trams coming and going.

Of course, it would make more sense to have the seating area next to the distillery, on part of the old tram station site, but nobody is allowed to use that for anything, it seems.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

That's absolutely staggering.

I know of their woes in getting it through and, quite frankly, the ridiculous nature surrounding the whole thing. 

Having heard the plans, it was a great idea and would only benefit the whole area. Admittedly I've only heard one side of the story but Ramsey Commissioners were not shown in a good light, if the account is accurate. 

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

Ramsey Commissioners were not shown in a good light, if the account is accurate. 

The only good light in Ramsey would be a complete absence of light, therefore rendering you unable to see the place in the darkness.  

Are people going to go on the Wagon because this has been delayed? Surely the business was not predicated on this extension? It's an attempt to add to the original planning, if it were Dandara, we would be complaining about it? It wasn't there last year, nor this  but probably next year. Worth waiting for?

I think Ramsey has more problems than outside drinking places? The High St eg?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Are people going to go on the Wagon because this has been delayed? Surely the business was not predicated on this extension? It's an attempt to add to the original planning, if it were Dandara, we would be complaining about it? It wasn't there last year, nor this  but probably next year. Worth waiting for?

I think Ramsey has more problems than outside drinking places? The High St eg?

They're not going to go 'on the wagon' but it would have been lovely and of course would have generated more money for Fynoderee. It would also have been great for the tourists (and locals) to be able to sit outside on a sunny day, making the experience all the nicer. That would in turn have left them with lovely photos and stories to tell others, possibly encouraging them.

What I do believe is that it would have drawn people from surrounding areas on the Isle of Man. I like the place, I make no misrepresentations regarding that. They sell my kind of spirits and actually have a few decent bottles of beer. It misses a better option on tap for me, but that's only because I'm fussy when it comes to beer. They have Norseman though which will satisfy the majority of beer drinkers.

He's got big plans to do things for the local community and make it an events area as well. It would all have benefited a decent percentage of the community and I really think it is a blow. Ultimately I think the appeal will fail. It is a pity though that it will now be next year before Ramsey gets this. It could badly be doing with all the help it can IMO. I lived there several years ago and it's significantly worse off than it was then, again IMO.

• Like 1