Mr Speaker - Our hero

Ramseyboi

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Might as well describe Peter Karran as a millionaire then. 

I would suggest very comfortable, hasn’t got to worry where his next meal comes from and can also afford to put the boiler on for another hour, on a cold day. I would suggest Rob Callister is comfortable, good salary with perks, his wife has a good job and salary, and is a home owner, whose home I am sure has increased in value considerably, and it’s got a Summer House.

Mr Squeaker is wittering on again to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece about the lack of data to show the number of people in property. There will be data, try looking at Markwell House, look at the employment/unemployment figures. Social Services will be able to provide figures etc. The Tax Office could provide statistics. There seems to be a stock answer with some politicos and Government, ‘there are no figures, no data, no statistics’. 

11 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Do you have to include that in 90% of your posts? It's fucking infantile and a bit boring now. It's like you're 5 years old.

To be fair it's become a sort of signature move and we'd miss it if they stopped.  Though you do wonder why they spend so much time on the MR site if they object to it so much.

And also Watterson was referring the people in poverty rather than property.  There's a ...difference.

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Mr Squeaker is wittering on again to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece about the lack of data to show the number of people in property. There will be data, try looking at Markwell House, look at the employment/unemployment figures. Social Services will be able to provide figures etc. The Tax Office could provide statistics. There seems to be a stock answer with some politicos and Government, ‘there are no figures, no data, no statistics’. 

Well he is an influential figure in the Tynwald establishment & has been the chair of the poverty committee since God knows when

What is he doing about it?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Or just abbreviate it to NPM. I get weary with it too. 

I get weary with a lot of posters on here, but I keep my views to myself, its not worth the aggro. In all realty MR is just a Government outlet which we taxpayers pay for to  use to spread propaganda shit to its citizens. We pay through taxes and I’m sure before long the BBC licence fee will filter to them. 

Footpath Friends still not been mentioned on the NPM! Why not? Whatever the rights or wrongs, ins and outs, people especially taxpayers have a right to know where their taxes are going, also we need transparency, as it does sound like Government helping its friends out. 

57 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Well he is an influential figure in the Tynwald establishment & has been the chair of the poverty committee since God knows when

What is he doing about it?

Not much, and like alleged Millionaire Rob Callister, doing plenty of talking.

• 2 weeks later...

The NPM are giving the Foodbank another airing. The same old conundrum eating v heating. This will get worse when Manx Utilities hike up their tariff. I wonder what Mr Squeaker, and the Poverty Committee will have to say, to their erstwhile colleague, and poverty campaigner, Mr Callister, Chair of Manx Utilities. He has already started the handwringing and emotions. Yes, it’s tough, the Foodbank is getting publicity all the time. Perhaps the Poverty Committee can emote in harmony, and dig deep for the Foodbank. Perhaps they could lead from the front, and go out fundraising. Better still, why doesn’t Senior Cret donate some of his surplus stock, which may help poor people with nothing.