Iom Steam Packet

Lonan3

Apparently, the sailing time was 7.5 hours one-way back then. You'll need a good stomach for that, sailing through the Irish Sea without stabilizers....

The longest ever SeaCat sailing I remember was in a force 7 and it took us 6.5 hours from Liverpool to Douglas - vessel was trashed, anchor was lost along the way and the passengers were..well..a bit green in the face. Was fun, though..

The SP certainly has an eventfull history to look back on - Happy Birthday, I'd say!

Apparently, the sailing time was 7.5 hours one-way back then. You'll need a good stomach for that, sailing through the Irish Sea without stabilizers....

The longest ever SeaCat sailing I remember was in a force 7 and it took us 6.5 hours from Liverpool to Douglas - vessel was trashed, anchor was lost along the way and the passengers were..well..a bit green in the face. Was fun, though..

The SP certainly has an eventfull history to look back on - Happy Birthday, I'd say!

Did they keep the bar open?

Did they keep the bar open?

Na, we closed it after the last bottle of booze was smashed and the microwave came flying out of the galley...

I actually remember a group of old ladies on that sailing, sitting in the bar, praying (as in "Dear God, please let us arrive..") Being crew at the time (and having been in worse weather before), it kinda made me giggle, but I still felt sorry for them and reassured them that everything's gonna be ok - as long as they don't see me praying, everything's fine.. Not sure if it worked, but they arrived ok...

I was told by the Steam Packet today that the special offer fares are only available if booked on the internet, full fares are charged at the offices. I was quoted £60 return for a foot passenger this weekend at the office but when I tried over the net later the same journey was £38

Archived