Battery Pier Incident

Amadeus

Hope it was the result of one of the many boy/girl racers that frequent that place that I often hear revving/skidding and racing about, if that’s the case maybe the Police will finally do something about it. If however it was a inexperienced R plater in an automatic that mashed the wrong pedal or perhaps a medical incident they would have my sympathies.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Hope it was the result of one of the many boy/girl racers that frequent that place that I often hear revving/skidding and racing about, if that’s the case maybe the Police will finally do something about it. If however it was a inexperienced R plater in an automatic that mashed the wrong pedal or perhaps a medical incident they would have my sympathies.

I hope that the police throw everything at them. After all their negligence, or stupidity has cost the taxpayers. Also according to what I’ve read this incident  has used a lot of resources and maybe prevented the emergency services dealing with other matters. Selfish really. Same goes with Marine Drive car jumpers.

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I hope that the police throw everything at them. After all their negligence, or stupidity has cost the taxpayers. Also according to what I’ve read this incident  has used a lot of resources and maybe prevented the emergency services dealing with other matters. Selfish really. Same goes with Marine Drive car jumpers.

Why couldn't it have waited until daylight/Monday morning for recovery, must have cost a fortune for that lot to turn out tonight.

Did none of you ever do anything stupid when young?

We don’t know the details and no one is really hurt so …..

How bored do you have to be on a Saturday night to rush down there and take photos by the way?

(This post comes to you from the pub while the Mrs is having a wee, before anyone points out the obvious bored on Saturday night thing)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

How did the driver get out of that ?    Could have been a very different ending .

Yes agreed. Even costlier, greater emergency services manpower, greater medical services. A fatality = inquest - extra costs to the taxpayers. Enough is Enough. The police seem to have time for Winter car check campaigns along with Christmas drink driving campaign. Perhaps more resources into educating these idiots on driving skills, and harsh or draconian punishment upon conviction to set an example. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Yes agreed. Even costlier, greater emergency services manpower, greater medical services. A fatality = inquest - extra costs to the taxpayers. Enough is Enough. The police seem to have time for Winter car check campaigns along with Christmas drink driving campaign. Perhaps more resources into educating these idiots on driving skills, and harsh or draconian punishment upon conviction to set an example. 

How come you know what happened in such detail?  Do you work for the police?

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

How come you know what happened in such detail?  Do you work for the police?

Time the courts were throwing the book at some of these drivers , it looks like another inexperienced  boy racer , lets hope the CCTV is working down there and the police can get a proper indication of the speed the golf was doing ,  or what the driver was smoking  or snorting at the time !

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Did none of you ever do anything stupid when young?

We don’t know the details and no one is really hurt so …..

How bored do you have to be on a Saturday night to rush down there and take photos by the way?

(This post comes to you from the pub while the Mrs is having a wee, before anyone points out the obvious bored on Saturday night thing)

Could you not just be honest and tell her you were going to the pub, rather than nipping out while she goes to the toilet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

The police are already doing something about it, as are others. I'm looking into finding a better place for people to hang out and maybe make it a bit more organized and nicer than a cold car park near the harbour. Not that easy though. I've out it on the committee agenda. Let's see, maybe we can do something. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1