Battery Pier Incident

Amadeus

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They should leave it on Battery Pier in a prominent place, to rust as a reminder to the boy racers of what can happen.

just imagine all the cars and bikes up on the mountain road ..........................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I guess there will be another over reaction to this incident with all sorts of restrictions and expensive barriers installed to prevent a once in 110 year incident!

Didn’t a senior advocate go over about there, 40 years ago. Shorter odds than you think.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Poor lad but lucky lad too.

We’ve all done things that we shouldn’t have done and have got away with them.

This really really isn’t the time to start crowing about the irresponsible yoof. We were all irresponsible yoof once.

I hope he’s not hurt and that someone who loves him is taking care of him. That’s what really matters. 

Current rumour is that it was a girl who passed her test about three weeks ago. Raced past the Lifeboat house, collided with the offside wall and bounced back across the road and through the railings.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I guess there will be another over reaction to this incident with all sorts of restrictions and expensive barriers installed to prevent a once in 110 year incident!

yep, thats how it works ,  first dead anybody on a roundel and they'll be normal roundabouts like they should have been from day 1.   weren't they shown as roundabouts on the original artwork ??

19 hours ago, finlo said:

Why couldn't it have waited until daylight/Monday morning for recovery, must have cost a fortune for that lot to turn out tonight.

Because the tide could have possibly dragged the car into the Harbour resulting in the Ben my Chree being unable to berth, it doesn't matter how much it cost, all expenses will be forwarded to the car owners insurance company, and thats why this R plate drivers insurance will cost a fortune to renew, thats if his/her licence is still valid and not taken away before renewal!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Police do go down most nights, it doesn’t stop the anti social driving/behaviour, they dick about until the cops show up, then they’ll be quiet for an hour or two. Its not just as simple as a place to hang out though, you can hear them regularly ragging cars back and forth, so you aren’t just looking for a nice car park with facilities, you also need to find a road nearby without neighbours to annoy and with little risk of them injuring anyone, that’s probably why you’re struggling to find somewhere.

Maybe the Police need to view the CCTV footage of this place and knock on a few of the doors of these irrisponsible individuals..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

Because the tide could have possibly dragged the car into the Harbour resulting in the Ben my Chree being unable to berth, it doesn't matter how much it cost, all expenses will be forwarded to the car owners insurance company, and thats why this R plate drivers insurance will cost a fortune to renew, thats if his/her licence is still valid and not taken away before renewal!!!

A length of rope or chain would have done the trick!