Gas deposit

hissingsid

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

If even half that amount ends up in Government coffers as a result of this without any taxpayer spend I'll eat a gas pipe.

I have screen grabbed this post...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Even half is dreaming. Maybe 5% of the value of extracted gas at best. 

Well, depends on how you want to quantify it.

Just the royalties?

Company Taxes?

Employee Taxes?

The revenue from when Manx Gas sells it to the GMP?  Same with the MEA. 

Ferry/Freight fees?

Edited by The Phantom

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

...and what are you putting up as your ante Stu? The superglue you would need to mend your broken promises???😃

Don't you dare spoil the mental image of Helix sucking on a gas pipe...

More seriously, what promises have I broken since being elected Kopek?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Manx Radio reporting fierce opposition to Crogga getting the extension.   If Andrew Langdon Newton is the fierce opposition together with Mercer ,the unknown MLC ,then that is a very debateable remark.    The vast number of people supporting this move on Facebook, about 99% displays the public’s will.   The news room team need to start reporting the facts just for a change it would be very refreshing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Well, depends on how you want to quantify it.

Just the royalties?

Company Taxes?

Employee Taxes?

The revenue from when Manx Gas sells it to the GMP?  Same with the MEA. 

Ferry/Freight fees?

Yes agree. You would pick up some benefits of managers and staff travelling in out and out, especially during construction and commissioning. That would tail off though as production started. 

I am not dismissing the benefits. I mean look at the shetlands island council and the revenue that comes into Aberdeen. I was merely applying a reality check. Billions no. Millions maybe.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:52 AM, 0bserver said:

Why don't you ask them if you're concerned?

My response was to what, imho, was a rather flippant statement by one of our elected mhk's, you know, one of those people we entrust with safeguarding the island.

He can always google the environmental effects of seismic surveying, and how it can be mitigated to some effect, while in the house today. I don't know what Crogga are doing, he maybe should.

Given all that, the news that they are going to be doing massive seismic surveying in the Irish sea to see if they can dump spent nuclear fuel there........sigh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the majority of Manx people are in favour of Crogga's plans to extract a significant amount of gas in our territorial waters? 

Joney Faragher has decided to seek support from our other elected representatives to block it. I'm not sure that this is in the interests of the island at all, and runs against the wishes of the majority.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-hopes-to-rally-political-support-against-gas-extraction-plans/  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I believe that the majority of Manx people are in favour of Crogga's plans to extract a significant amount of gas in our territorial waters? 

Joney Faragher has decided to seek support from our other elected representatives to block it. I'm not sure that this is in the interests of the island at all, and runs against the wishes of the majority.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-hopes-to-rally-political-support-against-gas-extraction-plans/  

Judging by the FB comments, most of the public in support of it don't seem to appreciate that if the gas exists, and if it's extractable, it's still many years away from being of any benefit to the Manx Public. And it being of benefit to the Manx Public relies on the Govt being able to negotiate a contract that both provides us benefit, and is acceptable to Crogga. The whole thing is a load of meh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

And it being of benefit to the Manx Public relies on the Govt being able to negotiate a contract that both provides us benefit, and is acceptable to Crogga. The whole thing is a load of meh.

I would think this is where it all falls down, we don't have anyone at all capable of negotiating anything!

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Aren't MHKs supposed to represent the views of the people? 

So unless she has a remit from a significant portion of the electorate, what she 'thinks' has got zero relevance or importance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

Aren't MHKs supposed to represent the views of the people? 

So unless she has a remit from a significant portion of the electorate, what she 'thinks' has got zero relevance or importance. 

She stood on a fairly green manifesto and got elected.