Gas deposit

hissingsid

2 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Savings? Low-interest / interest-free loans? Equity release?

I did the sums for myself, would pay over ten years or so.

Power walls that use knackered Tesla batteries? That would require fairly regular replacement making the whole setup a fools paradise.

Even though this Gas is 'Manx', it will go into the melange that is the 'Grid' and be subject to market pricing, we will not benefit from its' 'Manxness' unless our Govt use some of the license fees to subsidise Manx Gas? Which is as it should be, or so we will argue when/if it is online.

Still needs an extensive survey to prove its commercial value/viability. That is, independent advice to the Govt rather than from those with a commercial interest.

Just now, Kopek said:

Even though this Gas is 'Manx', it will go into the melange that is the 'Grid' and be subject to market pricing, we will not benefit from its' 'Manxness' unless our Govt use some of the license fees to subsidise Manx Gas? Which is as it should be, or so we will argue when/if it is online.

Still needs an extensive survey to prove its commercial value/viability. That is, independent advice to the Govt rather than from those with a commercial interest.

If the govt aren't investing, why?

It is foolish to deny the march of renewable technology, it is happening, it is being actively encouraged, we cannot cocoon ourselves from it in time.

Each year it improves, so you can just dump your Tesla batteries in the front garden and take fresh new ones!!!!

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It is foolish to deny the march of renewable technology, it is happening, it is being actively encouraged, we cannot cocoon ourselves from it in time.

Each year it improves, so you can just dump your Tesla batteries in the front garden and take fresh new ones!!!!

No one is denying it it's just as usual we're going to leap in headfirst without considering the downsides.

Gladys, should have said indi advice to our Govt on the license contract. As well as sight of the seismic results.

If the gas ran out after 5 yrs instead of the licenses' 50 yrs, then it is highly likely that the contract would be curtailed and with it, our proposed license fees. Which is the way it is being sold to us , lots of luverly dosh to the treasury!

Personally I think using this Field would be OK as a temporary solution till renewables are online but I don't think it should be allowed until we fully understand the viability and effect on climate change.

As I have said, we would expect some return to us consumers from this, that might make the 10k quids for heat pumps less attractive?