Gas deposit

hissingsid

A gent on the radio the other day was suggesting that if there is a gas deposit there it won't be anything like of the scale that's being bandied around. He drew comparisons with an existing, adjacent much smaller field and suggested that this "new" field would be more akin to that.

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Bollox, it would be foolish to use it and further destroy the planet.

Using this gas doesnt mean there would be more gas used. Just gas from a different place. Surely it would replace imported gas. We wouldn't necessarily use more gas or contribute any more to global warming. 

Or am I missing something?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Would this gas be landed on the Island for us to claim direct benefit?

Or would it go to the English distribution network to be sent back to us as a mixture?

I think if it was done right, the islands short term needs could be provided for, and gas provided for the UK. Win-Win. 

😢 For Daffy and Mr Squeaker.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Using this gas doesnt mean there would be more gas used. Just gas from a different place. Surely it would replace imported gas. We wouldn't necessarily use more gas or contribute any more to global warming. 

You really think IOM government can extract gas cheaper than a large professionally managed field?

Shouldn't be using gas anyway.

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You mean less gas miles? A clean, ethical and Manx form of Gas.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Drilling for gas off the Isle of Man isn't a major problem in the global picture. Far bigger problems. In the short to medium term, this is important.

Just vegan eco warriors can cling on to it easily.

Sadly any project now is going to be scrutinised by Daffy and Mr Squeaker for eco credentials. The Ramsey Marina scheme even if they thought it had real legs and could run a marathon, would still be a disaster waiting to happen - for many reasons, most without mentioning environmental issues. 

What I meant by 'Manx Benefit', was would there be a Manx pumping etc. station with multi employees and employment opportunities for us?

If the gas is landed on the Island, how would they get any surplus to England?

Edited by Kopek