Gas deposit

hissingsid

1 minute ago, winnie said:

I think most people are happy to invest into zero emissions 'when' the technology is ready. It isn't yet, won't be for a few years and we need energy now!!

Gas is one of the cleaner fossil fuels, relatively clean to extract and we have a pipeline to distribute already in place.

Let's crack on, and start drilling asap.

What do you think is a realistic timetable between gas exploration and the extraction and processing of the first gas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What do you think is a realistic timetable between gas exploration and the extraction and processing of the first gas?

Tbh i haven't a clue. Assuming things fall into place,  I'd have a stab at 6 months to sort out the hardware and 3 months once the rig is in place. Say a year from now if everyone signing from the same sheet.

Do you know?

5 minutes ago, winnie said:

Tbh i haven't a clue. Assuming things fall into place,  I'd have a stab at 6 months to sort out the hardware and 3 months once the rig is in place. Say a year from now if everyone signing from the same sheet.

Do you know?

I don't know. But I am with @finlo, if I had to guess I would say 10 years with a fair wind and possible even up to even 20. 

51 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

There's a UK government Short guide summarising the oil and gas industry lifecycle for a non-technical audience, which, adding up the three stages of development (see pdf p 5-6) gives a range of 9-25 years.  Or next Tuesday apparently, according to some on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The lead time on this is obviously years away before the first gas comes out of the pipe. But ask Crogga. I doubt that they're working on a twenty year projection. They're not starting from scratch either and all the hardware, experience and expertise is already there. The energy industry has been extracting gas around the British Isles for years. It's less of a pipedream than the climate change fantasy. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The lead time on this is obviously years away before the first gas comes out of the pipe. But ask Crogga. I doubt that they're working on a twenty year projection. They're not starting from scratch either and all the hardware, experience and expertise is already there. The energy industry has been extracting gas around the British Isles for years. It's less of a pipedream than the climate change fantasy. 

It could take 5 years to get planning and another 5 years to get an injunction to force Greenpeace to get out of the way.

Technically, and theoretically, and without holdups, maybe 3 to 5 years. Trouble is that never happens. Crogga only have a licence to look for it. That could take a couple of years in itself. Then it would have to be designed. The fun starts after that.

• Like 1