Gas deposit

hissingsid

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I've been to this. It is amazing, the cave the turbines are in is huge. The turbines are huge. The amount of water involved is huge. Everything about it is huge.

The Isle of Man is small.

It's totally amazing. Been in there a few times dragging broken trucks out.( with a breakdown truck of course). lol

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest video from Moulton. Questions for the Crogga big-wig. Informative, projections, expansion, Ireland, VAT. Plenty in there. At 45mins it is worth a watch for anyone really interested in this project. Moulton starts off looking to be convinced...

100 local shareholders, Robertshaw declares his interest...

"...biggest thing to happen for the Isle of Man in a long time!"

Potential renewable market exploitation. Consumers on the Island will only use 5% of what comes out of the ground, the rest to be sold on the international market, Isle of Man gets just over half of every dollar paid. 

Strong and positive argument on the surface, Moulton needs to record any response from the naysayers.

Crogga guy open to debate any group which opposes the project.

Edited by quilp
  • Thanks 7

9 hours ago, quilp said:

Latest video from Moulton. Questions for the Crogga big-wig. Informative, projections, expansion, Ireland, VAT. Plenty in there. At 45mins it is worth a watch for anyone really interested in this project. Moulton starts off looking to be convinced...

100 local shareholders, Robertshaw declares his interest...

Yeah I know a guy who is making a pretty big investment (and taking a pretty big risk). Nothing to do with Govt. Just a local lad that came into a bit of money and has some pretty good financial knowledge and connections.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He did get into it for all that, though. One of his better interviews. I can hear the cries "if summat sounds too good to be true..." but it does sound convincing if it's as successful as envisaged. Good defintion of what is and is not 'fracking.' Pumping CO2 back into the rock sounds plausible, which is one of Crogga's aims.

Is it "Crogga" or "Crow-ga"? I've always known it as the latter. Robertshaw said it one way, yer man said the other. 

Edited by quilp

7 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Good programme that, although it needed someone with a bit more grasp of the energy industry than Paul M.

Phil Gawne perhaps ?

But seriously, why were Crogga 'gagged' from promoting the project ? Moulton should've asked. Who's really behind the opposition ? 

I had heard from numerous people that some people in CoMin - Mr Hooper being one - had threatened to resign multiple times if the project were to keep being supported by Government in terms of licensing.

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I had heard from numerous people that some people in CoMin - Mr Hooper being one - had threatened to resign multiple times if the project were to keep being supported by Government in terms of licensing.

That's fine by me

• Like 4

Anyone who doesn't see the possibilities here should get out of government. They're in the wrong job and shouldn't be influencing crucial national decisions about the Island's future. I can't think of a bigger betrayal of the Manx people than if Crogga is viable and the nay-sayers in Tynwald get to shut it down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Anyone who doesn't see the possibilities here should get out of government. They're in the wrong job and shouldn't be influencing crucial national decisions about the Island's future. I can't think of a bigger betrayal of the Manx people than if Crogga is viable and the nay-sayers in Tynwald get to shut it down. 

It needs to go to a referendum. The last election shows us that the Green extremists have no popular support and are just a noisy minority. Let the people decide. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

100% this.

• Like 6