Gas deposit

hissingsid

22 hours ago, quilp said:

Latest video from Moulton. Questions for the Crogga big-wig. Informative, projections, expansion, Ireland, VAT. Plenty in there. At 45mins it is worth a watch for anyone really interested in this project. Moulton starts off looking to be convinced...

100 local shareholders, Robertshaw declares his interest...

"...biggest thing to happen for the Isle of Man in a long time!"

Potential renewable market exploitation. Consumers on the Island will only use 5% of what comes out of the ground, the rest to be sold on the international market, Isle of Man gets just over half of every dollar paid. 

Strong and positive argument on the surface, Moulton needs to record any response from the naysayers.

Crogga guy open to debate any group which opposes the project.

10 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Good programme that, although it needed someone with a bit more grasp of the energy industry than Paul M.

Phil Gawne perhaps ?

But seriously, why were Crogga 'gagged' from promoting the project ? Moulton should've asked. Who's really behind the opposition ? 

This is the type of shit the NPM should be covering in an unbiased manner. That's why we give them the £1m+...

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

The last election shows us that the Green extremists have no popular support and are just a noisy minority.

The Parish Council should decide what is the most beneficial outcome for the entire population in terms of economic well-being.  The island has become a unkempt backwater since the finance sector crashed out post 2008 and the VAT 'arrangement' was ceded.

Noisy minorities should be allowed to be noisy - then studiously ignored.  A minority should hold no sway over the interests of the majority.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I note with dismay from the Tynwald website a number of written questions about this and whether CoMin had the vires to sign off on the licence.

I have a great deal of respect for my green colleagues and realise they're in a sticky spot being considered to support this after waving the green flag in their manifestos, but I wish they'd stop and see the massive upside of this if the Crogga projections are only half right. It seems a relatively new phenomenon in politics (Brexit a good example) to keep fighting lost causes rather than just getting on with things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I note with dismay from the Tynwald website a number of written questions about this and whether CoMin had the vires to sign off on the licence.

I have a great deal of respect for my green colleagues and realise they're in a sticky spot being considered to support this after waving the green flag in their manifestos, but I wish they'd stop and see the massive upside of this if the Crogga projections are only half right. It seems a relatively new phenomenon in politics (Brexit a good example) to keep fighting lost causes rather than just getting on with things.

The greens need to be named and shamed as enemies of the GMP. Out on their arses at the next election. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

You note with dismay that there will be a public debate on a significant issue?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The greens need to be named and shamed as enemies of the GMP. Out on their arses at the next election. 

Well that compete waste of space, Rob Mercer, who has zero mandate from the GMP, having been elected to LegCo by a few mates in the Keys will be leading the charge.

It is totally unacceptable that someone with no popular mandate has any influence in a matter upon which the whole financial future of the Island could hinge.

If Hooper wants to resign, as a Minister over this, then let him crack on, as it shows how poor his judgement is. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Well that compete waste of space, Rob Mercer, who has zero mandate from the GMP, having been elected to LegCo by a few mates in the Keys will be leading the charge.

It is totally unacceptable that someone with no popular mandate has any influence in a matter upon which the whole financial future of the Island could hinge.

Mr Mercer was elected by HOK members. The idea that anyone with a distant second place scraping 400 votes on the back of being 'anti-immigrant', 'anti-woke' and a TT themed monorail has a 'popular mandate' on everything is just nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Mr Mercer was elected by HOK members. The idea that anyone with a distant second place scraping 400 votes on the back of being 'anti-immigrant', 'anti-woke' and a TT themed monorail has a 'popular mandate' on everything is just nonsense.

Thanks, Rob.

• Haha 2