I love Isle of Man gift card

hissingsid

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

There really is no need to be so negative. Not to mention unnecessarily vulgar on a sunday evening. I think this scheme deserves a fair chance.

OK buy me one of said gift cards. Leave it in the cistern in the 1886 male toilets, middle cubicle addressed for my attention and and I’ll let you know how I get on with it. £ 20.00 minimum.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

They’re certainly making it up as they’d go along.

It’s a new parliamentary term, so it’s new idiots to take off from where the last lot left off. Add in new civil servants, mix in some money, and you have a money wasting recipe bound to leave a bitter taste and horrible indigestion. The good doctor should know about indigestion and flatulence - most of which emminates from his Department.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Twitch said:

They’re certainly making it up as they’d go along.

They have been for years though, winging it is the standard modus operandi. Although it's the first time I've heard "trial period" used to describe a complete flop.

Presumably the £300k they burned on the TT World Series was also a trial attempt then as was whatever was spent on the fairy dwellings?

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s what happens when you consult nobody in actual business to ask if it’s a good idea before you just unilaterally do something. 

They did consult some people in business and the feedback was negative.  Be interesting to see the business case for this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Sorry you’re right the people they did consult with said it wouldn’t achieve what they wanted to achieve. So they just did it anyway. 

Correct.  Government loves to be sent to consult, but then if the answer doesn't fit their agenda it's ignored.

@Stu Peters can you find out how these vanity projects keep getting pushed through with no oversight? Gef are the only people making money out of this. 

• Like 2