We missed out here!

Ramseyboi

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Is this actually genuine?

Yea it is genuine.  There were other comments in between (by other idiots who can’t comprehend why their might need to be a minimum profit made before you can throw in free delivery) but the Josem responses are genuine posts in response to the first message 😂

1 minute ago, James Blonde said:

He did cheerlead Brexit....

Well he obviously has some positive qualities then.

But I’ve never understood the economics of pizza ordering for collection or delivery.

You should pay a premium for delivery or get a discount for picking it up.It’s obvious that it is cheaper for the pizza retailer to have you collect rather than deliver. Quite a significant difference I would venture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But I’ve never understood the economics of pizza ordering for collection or delivery.

You should pay a premium for delivery or get a discount for picking it up.It’s obvious that it is cheaper for the pizza retailer to have you collect rather than deliver. Quite a significant difference I would venture.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't work.  If it didn't, presumably large number of businesses wouldn't operate with various versions of this strategy. 

There are probably two main ways of doing this.  Firstly those who mainly rely on delivery business will build this into their prices.  They can make savings in other areas - you don't need to operate out of a prime location if you don't rely on passing trade and so can save on rent for example.  People coming to collect may be more of a hindrance than anything as it may disrupt kitchen operation and they probably don't want to encourage it, especially from non-regulars.  You don't want your shop full of people all demanding their pizza immediately.

The second way is those businesses for whom delivery is an addition to take-away and/or restaurant business.  Delivery for them is an extra cost and they will charge more, either directly or by insisting on a relatively high minimum order or both (ie free delivery over a certain amount only).  But they don't want to turn business away entirely - not least because the same customers may also use them 'in person'.  So it's a delicate balance how much they charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't work.  If it didn't, presumably large number of businesses wouldn't operate with various versions of this strategy. 

There are probably two main ways of doing this.  Firstly those who mainly rely on delivery business will build this into their prices.  They can make savings in other areas - you don't need to operate out of a prime location if you don't rely on passing trade and so can save on rent for example.  People coming to collect may be more of a hindrance than anything as it may disrupt kitchen operation and they probably don't want to encourage it, especially from non-regulars.  You don't want your shop full of people all demanding their pizza immediately.

The second way is those businesses for whom delivery is an addition to take-away and/or restaurant business.  Delivery for them is an extra cost and they will charge more, either directly or by insisting on a relatively high minimum order or both (ie free delivery over a certain amount only).  But they don't want to turn business away entirely - not least because the same customers may also use them 'in person'.  So it's a delicate balance how much they charge.

But it has fuck all to so with inflation as claimed by Josem

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Presumably this customer still had the option of going in and collecting the order at no extra cost? Can't see what he's whinging about. Free delivery on a £15 order seems like a good deal to me. I wouldn't have the neck to ask them to deliver unless my order was double that at least.

Nobody buys from Star Grill if they are sober enough to drive to a takeaway

• Like 3