We missed out here!

Ramseyboi

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

From memory, he was a poster who had a motoring charge, I think it was his registration plate, who argued the freeman legal fiction bollocks in court.  Unsurprisingly, it didn't help.

He was "assisted" (perhaps manipulated) in his claim by people who quite frankly should have been strung up.  I think he passed away not long after, but the message I got was that he was a nice fella, just taken in by a bunch of cowards who wanted to push that agenda, but had neither the balls nor the resource to help him when the chips were down. 

Utterly shameful.  I had an argument with one of those who promoted it on FB, and it was quite nasty, vindictive and, honestly, unhinged. It would have been worrying had I given a flying rat's arse. 

Thanks Gladys . Appreciate that

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You’re right. Nothing returned on search for “tame elf” as a member. 

Guess he/ she will always be a mystery to me

I’ve just searched. He’s there and all 500+ of his posts just search members and enter tame

13 hours ago, Manx17 said:

I was born here and  educated  here and was told I had to wait ten years to join the waiting list when I came home from service. 
I bought my own home in the end when I was able too.

The person who got benefits before five years was not disabled, they had been here 6 months on a work permit for ten hours of work a week. Telling another person on social media what you get for free . Help with rent food free health care free dentist and if you have children you can get free school meals and milk. When Mr Henderson went after sick people and asked public to help with benefit fraud I showed him what was written by the person on social media and asked I thought you couldn’t get any benefits for five years and isn’t that benefits fraud and he gave his answer. Protocol 3 

That’s ( the 10 years ) the same for everyone. I get that you think it was unfair.

Until 10 years ago Family Income Supplement ( an in work benefit - now Employment Support Allowance  ) was available to people who arrived from either UK or EU, and worked in low paid jobs, without a qualifying period of residence. 

That was changed. But it wasn’t anything to do with protocol 3.

And yes, if you got a means tested benefit you also qualify for free school meals, prescriptions and dental care. Not sure about food.

Medical care is not related to benefit entitlement, or paying in. But someone qualifying for FIS or ESA will be contributing, via NI, even if not direct tax. They’ll also pay VAT.

Its a problem when you have a low wage economy, and the state endorses that by issuing work permits for jobs that don’t pay an adequate wage. Effectively the state is subsiding skin flint employers. 

The FIS change caused all sorts of issues, and I had to deal with them as Chair of the Social Security Appeal Tribunal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gladys said:

From memory, he was a poster who had a motoring charge, I think it was his registration plate, who argued the freeman legal fiction bollocks in court.  Unsurprisingly, it didn't help.

He was "assisted" (perhaps manipulated) in his claim by people who quite frankly should have been strung up.  I think he passed away not long after, but the message I got was that he was a nice fella, just taken in by a bunch of cowards who wanted to push that agenda, but had neither the balls nor the resource to help him when the chips were down. 

Utterly shameful.  I had an argument with one of those who promoted it on FB, and it was quite nasty, vindictive and, honestly, unhinged. It would have been worrying had I given a flying rat's arse. 

Some of those who encouraged him on here and FB are still at it. Shameful stuff.

• Like 1

Back on topic, with such a shortage of labour and rising prices it was my pleasure to have Michael stick to his man of the people principles and serve me in the Co-op on Friday. Im glad his many talents arent just been spent doing tax payer stuff for rich people in these hard times.

• 2 weeks later...