We missed out here!

Ramseyboi

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Let me see if I understand @Josem's logic here.

Council wants its contractors to pay their employees a living wage.  Ergo council can't appoint contractors who rely on slave labour.  Ergo ethnic minorities, who are generally the lowest paid and most likely to take sub-living wage jobs, may be disadvantaged.  Ergo Douglas council are a bunch of racists because they refuse to employ black slaves.

I can see why the council are astounded by this.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Let me see if I understand @Josem's logic here.

Council wants its contractors to pay their employees a living wage.  Ergo council can't appoint contractors who rely on slave labour.  Ergo ethnic minorities, who are generally the lowest paid and most likely to take sub-living wage jobs, may be disadvantaged.  Ergo Douglas council are a bunch of racists because they refuse to employ black slaves.

I can see why the council are astounded by this.

Skippy is simply an outlandish antipodean buffoon, what is frightening is that a significant amount of Douglas voters bought his rhetoric and put an X next to his name. 

ETA, this is solely my opinion of him!

Edited by Will Halsall
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Skippy is simply an outlandish antipodean buffoon, what is frightening is that a significant amount of Douglas voters bought his rhetoric and put an X next to his name. 

ETA, this is solely my opinion of him!

No, I think it's MOST people's opinion of him.

Did anyone ever work out who exactly is paying him, and how much, for trotting out re-hashed pieces of common knowledge with the word "BLOWOUT" sandwiched in, on his truly awful MTPA website?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Then there’s his submission to the elections committee on transparency on funding etc. 

https://michaeljosem.com/submission-to-isle-of-man-election-review/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"I can understand that IOM Police or the A-G’s office might not want to pursue every lunatic who posts anonymously on the internet."

There are trees and rocks with more self awareness than our Skippy 🤣

• Haha 2