We missed out here!

Ramseyboi

47 minutes ago, Declan said:

Then there’s his submission to the elections committee on transparency on funding etc. 

https://michaeljosem.com/submission-to-isle-of-man-election-review/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Please tell me that’s satire. This can’t be real. Nobody is that....

39 minutes ago, Declan said:

Then there’s his submission to the elections committee on transparency on funding etc. 

https://michaeljosem.com/submission-to-isle-of-man-election-review/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

That's quite the little gem isn't it?  I liked this especially:

It is absurd that to my knowledge, of the 65 candidates for the general election, I was the only candidate in the nation to transparently publish the relevant interests and make such a declaration publicly accessible online. This is reflective of a poor culture of secrecy and unprofessionalism of other election candidates on the Isle of Man, and should be fixed.

Wording he liked so much he used it all over again in the donations section.

Incidentally can anyone find these declarations he made?  I find his website a bit confusing, but I suppose it's on there somewhere.

• Haha 1

Well he had a go at me when I mentioned interests during the election run up, demanding to see my register of interests as a councillor. I referred him to town hall and invited him to request it through official channels. Last time I checked he never got in contact with them.

Has he ever answered any of the questions people asked about his funding? Can’t recall that he did. 

36 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Well he had a go at me when I mentioned interests during the election run up, demanding to see my register of interests as a councillor. I referred him to town hall and invited him to request it through official channels. Last time I checked he never got in contact with them.

The claim in the last sentence here is, unsurprisingly, misleading.

I contacted Douglas Council on 23 August (soon after we discussed the issue on Twitter) to request a copy of the declarations of interest for all sitting councils. Douglas Borough Council failed to provide the information at that time.

I then followed up on 17 September, and Douglas Borough Council failed to provide the information at that time.

I then followed up on 22 September, and Douglas Borough Council provided me with the information on 23 September.

The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance then published this online here: https://taxpayersalliance.im/douglas-borough-council-members-declarations-of-interest/

It is, of course, weird that it requires a third-party interest group to disclose such information which should be obviously published directly by the Council itself.

Edited by Josem
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Josem said:

The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance then published this online here: https://taxpayersalliance.im/douglas-borough-council-members-declarations-of-interest/

It is, of course, weird that it requires a third-party interest group to disclose such information which should be obviously published directly by the Council itself.

Some of that information is a bit out of date now. I'd ask them for an updated version if I was you.

While we're here, and since you've mentioned it, what is the "interest" of whoever is funding the "third-party interest group"?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Some of that information is a bit out of date now. I'd ask them for an updated version if I was you.

While we're here, and since you've mentioned it, what is the "interest" of whoever is funding the "third-party interest group"?  

It’s not the public interest is it?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Josem said:

The claim in the last sentence here is, unsurprisingly, misleading.

I contacted Douglas Council on 23 August (soon after we discussed the issue on Twitter) to request a copy of the declarations of interest for all sitting councils. Douglas Borough Council failed to provide the information at that time.

I then followed up on 17 September, and Douglas Borough Council failed to provide the information at that time.

I then followed up on 22 September, and Douglas Borough Council provided me with the information on 23 September.

Explain what is “unsurprising” about my post as I don’t appreciate your tone. 

When I asked shortly after you asked about my interests (an action that to me felt like you only did to be awkward and to distract from your own failure to answer legitimate questions about your election campaign) I was told you had not been in touch yet. The fact you put this much effort into this while still refusing to answer the questions you know we all really wanted the answers to also speaks volumes. 

Anyone can walk into town hall and ask. You just want to create drama again to make yourself look important. If you had a genuine interest in the way the town is run and in council procedures, you would probably already know that we declare interests during council meetings when a subject comes up for discussion that a member has an interest in. After declaring such, he or she leaves the chamber while the matter is discussed and then returns after. This is such a secret and well hidden procedure that anyone can read up on it in the council minutes that are published on the DBC website. No need for a white knight to ride up to the counter and ask, so kindly remove your high horse from the lobby now. Thank you. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

As I understand it, the requirement on living wage is given a points weighting in any contract letting process.  I think it is a good step in a world where ESG transparency is being increasingly sought. 

Er, Gladys, how does any of that contribute to the slagging of Michael Josem? Please stop going off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Perhaps Douglas Borough Council could just publish the information on a website which it could, you know, update from time to time?