We missed out here!

Ramseyboi

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Having started this thread and for the purpose of total transparency.

Can I just say I think DTC are a shower of shits who run a bloated mini empire and waste ratepayers money at every possible opportunity?

Thanks.  You can all carry on now.

Really? You're normally so reasonable and balanced in your judgement of others...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Having started this thread and for the purpose of total transparency.

Can I just say I think DTC are a shower of shits who run a bloated mini empire and waste ratepayers money at every possible opportunity?

Thanks.  You can all carry on now.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yorik said:

Maybe MTA could do the same? You know, in the interests of transparency

a) The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance does not receive any taxpayer money.

b) Although there's no legal requirement for me to declare my memberships of other organisations, affiliations, educational history, professional history or property ownerships, I do! Much more comprehensively than any member of Douglas Borough Council does! You can see this online here: https://michaeljosem.com/about/

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yet you still after many, many repeated requests refuse to disclose who actually funds this magic money machine that helps it do all the wonderful stuff it claims it does. 

First and foremost, because it is illegal to do so. These are the same rules that apply to every business, not-for-profit, and charity on the Isle of Man. If you ever served our community in a leadership role in a charity, a not-for-profit, or a business, you would know this. 

But further, donors don't just have a legal right to privacy, they have a moral right to privacy as well.

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

None of whom, if I'm understanding point (a) correctly, are actually Manx taxpayers? That's very noble of them.

No, you're not understanding point (a) correctly. When I say "The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance does not receive any taxpayer money" I mean that it does not receive any money collected via taxes.

Of course the supporters of the Manx TaxPayers' Alliance pay tax in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man.

1 minute ago, Josem said:

No, you're not understanding point (a) correctly. When I say "The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance does not receive any taxpayer money" I mean that it does not receive any money collected via taxes.

Of course the supporters of the Manx TaxPayers' Alliance pay tax in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man.

If we're done bandying semantics, and acknowledging supporters' rights to privacy, here's an easy one: how many donors are there, roughly, and what's the average donation, roughly?

E.g. 25,000 people paying a quid each, or one person throwing in enough to keep you fed, watered, and well-stocked with Manx tartan?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Josem said:

a) The Manx TaxPayers' Alliance does not receive any taxpayer money.

b) Although there's no legal requirement for me to declare my memberships of other organisations, affiliations, educational history, professional history or property ownerships, I do! Much more comprehensively than any member of Douglas Borough Council does! You can see this online here: https://michaeljosem.com/about/

So no one who funds the MTA is a Manx Taxpayer?

Interesting!  Where do they all live?

14 minutes ago, Josem said:

First and foremost, because it is illegal to do so. These are the same rules that apply to every business, not-for-profit, and charity on the Isle of Man. If you ever served our community in a leadership role in a charity, a not-for-profit, or a business, you would know this. 

But further, donors don't just have a legal right to privacy, they have a moral right to privacy as well.

Source?

• Like 1