New Ramsey Floodplain Development

James Blonde

On 12/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, Non-Believer said:

Judging from the proposed design of the building in this picture from the 3FM News site article today, it looks as though the developers "lack confidence" that the land won't flood in the future...?

61b061fbf352b.jpg

Is that the proposed Riverside pub? I quite like the look of that.

Not as much as the midges will though I suspect 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I see the planning application has been reduced to include 138 houses because of concerns about the flooding !

I wonder how many they actually want to build, it always gets reduced by a few then it looks better at the planning application amendment !

How is 138 wet ones preferable to 160 odd?

31 minutes ago, asitis said:

I see the planning application has been reduced to include 138 houses because of concerns about the flooding !

I wonder how many they actually want to build, it always gets reduced by a few then it looks better at the planning application amendment !

Each house will need more space for the outriggers....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

Come on folks, Dandara have backed down? Isn;t that enough to cut them some leeway? OK, it may be on acceptance of Planning recos but they have changed their ;as much as we can get' attitude! At least on this as piece of land.

Backed down my ass, they have reduced their application to try and get it approved to a level which they wanted in the first instance. Usual tactic ask for more than you want then get what you want whilst appearing to capitulate. Nothing more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Developers are a ruthless business who care not one jot for any philanthropy or biodiversity or wildlife or anything else. They will of course pay lip service to those things to get their permissions to build on green fields. The IOM Government have proven to be very compliant with their wishes, as acre after acre of green belt disappears under concrete. All that matters is shareholders profits and bottom line. It is time the Government learned that development needs to be controlled by them, as a partnership for the good of the island, and not just for the good of developers bottom line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3