City of Douglas

Amadeus

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's well known. Plod know about it, members of the licensed trade know it and so do the youngsters. Not known as  Eighteen Eighty sniff for the pleasing aromatic air fresheners....

That's quite the accusation. I hope the owners don't read it and try to sue you.

I think it is silly to act like 1886 is today full of police presence outside. Around 6 or 7 years ago when both the outback and courthouse were the most popular places I remember coppers on foot patrol stood outside all night, and rumours of the cops getting free entry to those establishments to turn the blind eye to bouncer overstepping. 

if anything, id say there are less police at 1886 these days than at establishments of the past. Nothings changed, just the venue and availability of news through facebook, ect. 

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

That's quite the accusation. I hope the owners don't read it and try to sue you.

ah, but I now know that you shouldn't quote the accusation as you yourself are then liable for repeating it, so best to delete imho. winky icon thing

Port Erin went downhill in the 1980s when a piece of druggie shit arrived all the way from Castletown (where he had effectively been ejected) inseminated and settled in the village, corrupted and got finally caught did a long stretch in Jurby then back to it.

12 minutes ago, Gizo said:

You do realise beak isn’t just a youngster drug. It’s prevalent in all age groups.

Cokeheads. Anyone of any age who wants to make believe to themselves that they actually have an interesting personality, whereas to others (not likewise imbibing) they are just accentuating their arseholeness.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

It's hearsay and rumour, what the place is known by. I don't visit the place. Pretty sure the owner has heard the same comments

It’s not heresay or rumour. I’ve actively seen drugs dealt in there several times. Just as literally everytime I’ve been in there I’ve seen someone get beaten up or glassed. On the last occasion a friend ended up being a court witness for someone who got glassed in the back of the head by a space cadet. At a shithole. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Where do the Port Heroin addicts live? It's a nice village with no obvious shithole bits. 

Not so sure now. Pretty prevalent a few years back, but I’m well out the loop to know or find out. 
knew a few mostly from ‘good’ homes, wrong crowd etc. Quite a few bedsits ballafurt road. Also along upper prom.