City of Douglas

Amadeus

16 hours ago, Anyone said:

When you analyse this with a bit common sense why not legalise it and then kids won’t get sold dangerous shit. They’re going to take it anyway so just loosen it up a bit.

or maybe decriminalise it.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 9:16 PM, AOR said:

Drug dealers are very popular people. And they get the nicest looking girls too.
That was certainly the case all those years ago.

I find it interesting, with a sense of retrospect, how that scenario turned out.

They might have not always got the nicest looking girls but they did get the girls.

Maybe it was a quid pro quo thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, prism10 said:

They might have not always got the nicest looking girls but they did get the girls.

Maybe it was a quid pro quo thing.

3 hours ago, WTF said:

on a blow for blow basis ?

Well they were nice and pretty before they got involved with that sort. Certainly their personalities turned a bit ugly.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:03 PM, AOR said:

Port Erin went downhill in the 1980s when a piece of druggie shit arrived all the way from Castletown (where he had effectively been ejected) inseminated and settled in the village, corrupted and got finally caught did a long stretch in Jurby then back to it.

Which one? I could think of more than one candidate for that title, Port Erin had quite a few problem pieces of drugie shit back in the late 80's early 90's.

Urban myth has it that someone dug a tunnel under the road just up from the prom.

Everyone (not literally everyone ofc) is on coke these days and they're annoying. I actually really do not like coke people, blah blah blah middle management, middle class and top drawer scum bag assholes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Urban myth has it that someone dug a tunnel under the road just up from the prom.

Ahh... yes. 
Not a myth at all. But a tunnel, or rather an extended cellar was dug. There were consequences.

That chap was not the particular person I was thinking about. He wasn't so bad. Did a stretch but not a long one. Not Castletown anyway. He had a women or two on the go.

(Did you see watch the sand-racing last night)

Edited by AOR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As has been pointed out in another thread, property prices appear to be "City prices". 

Same can be said for the humble pint of beer/lager.

Egos have certainly been puffed up to City size egos.

Who was it that was pushing for city status? ho? We need to know who they are and they need to be shamed and they need to be prevented from making decisions on others' behalf ever again.

Douglas is a town. And should remain so. I don't know anyone who was whinging it should be a city.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AOR said:

As has been pointed out in another thread, property prices appear to be "City prices". 

Same can be said for the humble pint of beer/lager.

Egos have certainly been puffed up to City size egos.

Who was it that was pushing for city status? ho? We need to know who they are and they need to be shamed and they need to be prevented from making decisions on others' behalf ever again.

Douglas is a town. And should remain so. I don't know anyone who was whinging it should be a city.

Do you have anything solid to back that up with?

17 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Do you have anything solid to back that up with?

No.

Solid? Not really. It was a post on an internet forum rather than say, an expert witness account in the High Court.

House prices are high in the Isle of Man. Higher than most cities in UK. It's a simple fact. In another thread someone has quipped "City prices". It's a fair comment.

Beer prices are far lower in many if not most cities in UK, including Lon-don. A simple fact. So again "city prices". 

Who has been pushing for Douglas to have City status? It's not a pot luck sort of thing. I don't know who they were, but someone must have been pushing for it.

Peel has been known as the ancient city for a long time (a couple of centuries anyway). The Peel City Guardian was published for nigh on a century, and not as some sort of ironic title.

Peel should have been officially made a city. Not the Sh@thole (see another thread) that is Douglas.

• Like 3