City of Douglas

Amadeus

I see the city fathers cant even manage to keep the splash zone in Nobles park  functional  in the hottest week of the year , 

yes its closed , for repair , they have had all year to sort it out and service it , but you guessed it  many dissapointed children  who would have loved to cool off in the splash zone ,

9 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I see the city fathers cant even manage to keep the splash zone in Nobles park  functional  in the hottest week of the year , 

yes its closed , for repair , they have had all year to sort it out and service it , but you guessed it  many dissapointed children  who would have loved to cool off in the splash zone ,

They can't afford to recruit tiers of admin staff for the Town (sorry, City) Hall and maintain the splash park as well, now be reasonable...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They can't afford to recruit tiers of admin staff for the Town (sorry, City) Hall and maintain the splash park as well, now be reasonable...

Indeed, all funding is now channeled to the upper echelons.

56 minutes ago, finlo said:

Indeed, all funding is now channeled to the upper echelons.

As it would be when it's dawning that the gravy tap is starting to drip rather than the flow they've been used to.

Not just DBC by any means but those accustomed to slurping from the deepest end of the trough who have the means available to keep it that way will do so.

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

You have no idea why it broke but yes let’s slag staff off for something that was unforeseen. That really helps. 

There are a number of vacancies that prove to be hard to fill right now and part of the issue is the level of pay that can be offered. IOMG offers more so people go there. Like I said before, it’s already being worked on.

I’m also on record as not being a friend of the high pay rates in certain areas but you can’t just go in and cut peoples’ pay. Also, we don’t decide pay as I’m sure you know. 

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

You have no idea why it broke but yes let’s slag staff off for something that was unforeseen. That really helps. 

There are a number of vacancies that prove to be hard to fill right now and part of the issue is the level of pay that can be offered. IOMG offers more so people go there. Like I said before, it’s already being worked on.

I’m also on record as not being a friend of the high pay rates in certain areas but you can’t just go in and cut peoples’ pay. Also, we don’t decide pay as I’m sure you know. 

Which positions are IoMG offering more in? Local Authority terms are analogous to Central Govt under PSC conditions so there shouldn't be any pay differentials, assuming the same/similar employment/roles?