Annual Anti-Drink/Drug Drive Campaign

Amadeus

On 12/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, hissingsid said:

Back in the day they used to ask you to get out of the car and walk in a straight line if you could you were sent on your way, of course there wasn’t the same amount of traffic on the road then.

Sgt TM used to make you leave the side lights on and walk home. Guaranteed to have a flat battery when you went to collect the car the following day

• Haha 2

Part of the reason we all got to drink and drive and I'm talking totally bladdered, one eye closed driving is that the police were all at it too. The CID back then used to drink in the Creg, they'd all be up there completely shitfaced then stagger out into their cars. They obviously applied their own values to members of the public too which was handy. Funny to look back on but I'm glad times have changed.

On 12/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, Johnny F said:

Part of the reason we all got to drink and drive and I'm talking totally bladdered, one eye closed driving is that the police were all at it too. The CID back then used to drink in the Creg, they'd all be up there completely shitfaced then stagger out into their cars. They obviously applied their own values to members of the public too which was handy. Funny to look back on but I'm glad times have changed.

I had experience of getting a lift home from a CID. guy and he had the white mini van still with IOM constabuary in little letters on the side. He was hammered and even stopped for a pee on the way back to Douglas. Mid 70's from memory. Glad the mentality has changed . 

Edited by Numbnuts

35 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Actually it was a serious question.... who decides what gets pinned and why?

Now look what you've done. John's unpinned so it's going to go splat.  

Edited by Zarley
  • Haha 3