Mannin Line Today

hissingsid

Just now, Kipper99 said:

God, imaging hailing a taxi and getting Bazza. He’d whinge the whole journey about gas, masks and not being consulted about covid regs.

Life’s too short.

PS Bazza. Were bus drivers consulted?

Were teachers consulted? shop workers? Etc etc.

Nothing would happen very quickly if everything went out to consultation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kipper99 said:

God, imaging hailing a taxi and getting Bazza. He’d whinge the whole journey about gas, masks and not being consulted about covid regs.

Life’s too short.

Not been keeping up to date with Covid, Mannin line or anything else recently but when did gas masks become compulsory?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Life’s too short.

You wouldn't. You would likely get asked how you are, how your day was, help in anyway I can and even better if techno, ragga jungle, dnb is your thing. We would have a blast. 

I never mention anything about politics only to those who wish to discuss it. Thanks though. Unfortunately your assumption is incorrect. I'm far more professional than that 

Regarding bus drivers. They work for the Government. I would imagine so as the DOI would likely feed that down. As I said before earlier, I don't think the intention was to originally include us. That's what I have been led to believe anyway.

Edited by Bazza Smurf

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Were teachers consulted? shop workers? Etc etc.

Nothing would happen very quickly if everything went out to consultation 

Not mandatory in schools, not mandatory in shops etc. I'd have so much more time if people like you done a bit more consultation. 

50 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Not mandatory in schools, not mandatory in shops etc. I'd have so much more time if people like you done a bit more consultation. 

Were the public who want to travel on busses etc consulted.? 

For goodness sake there is a health state of emergency. Most people want to try and do the right thing. 

The government want to do the right thing. Sometimes they or us may get it a bit wrong. 

Do you think they should consult with every individual group and then perhaps have  a public opinion poll while you whip up a petition  and then spend time debating and going to court and then dealing with objections. What happened was quite straight forward. I'm sorry you feel you and the taxi fraternity have been singled out and are being persecuted. I dont think many on here are government ass lickers as you suggested earlier  but really you are being a total pain. 

Edited by emesde
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, emesde said:

Were the public who want to travel on busses etc consulted.? 

For goodness sake there is a health state of emergency. Most people want to try and do the right thing. 

The government want to do the right thing. Sometimes they or us may get it a bit wrong. 

Do you think they should consult with every individual group and then perhaps have  a public opinion poll whie you who up a petition  and then spend time debating and going to court and then dealing with objections. What happened was quite straight forward. I'm sorry you feel you and the taxi fraternity have been singled out and are being persecuted. I dont think many on here are government ass lickers as you suggested earlier  but really you are being a total pain. 

Answered earlier. On the grounds that I am being a total pain. I'll now out. 🙂

Thank you to all of you that helped to make it a hot topic. There's always a reason. 🙃

13 hours ago, WTF said:

perhaps not, but they can probably be denied access/transport/travel by the driver if they are not wearing a mask.   not the same thing but the same result.

Yes, businesses can refuse service, but for the reasons John has already mentioned it would amount to discrimination and would be pretty foolish. Bus vannin has just been down this route for refusing mobility scooters and it was settled out of court on discrimination grounds.

11 hours ago, WTF said:

wouldn't actual proof of disability be required once it got to court ?  

No, crucially it only says ‘health’ as an exemption and it doesn’t state whether Physical or Mental health, Mental health particularly is like opening a can of worms and also very difficult to disprove.

• Like 1