Mannin Line Today

hissingsid

8 minutes ago, gloverlover said:

Public transport is any regulary scheduled mode of transport which operates on a prescribed route. A taxi is a ply for hire or private hire vehicle which goes where the fare payer asks to go. It isn't public transport.

Depends on how it is defined in the regulations/law that imposes the requirement, I think. 

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You will have to point me towards the relevant provisions.  Sorry, scanned through, but couldn't see anything obvious. 

Sorry, I gave the wrong link.

Try this one, top document- it's only 7 pages so quite clear:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/links/tls/SD/Pages/2021-Public-Health.aspx

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raffles said:

Does he know that you can claim £230 for each week of your 2 week isolation? I know it's not a huge sum but it goes some way towards bills and has been brought in to encourage people to do the right thing.

Confirmed now it's because he'd a lack of contributions. Must've been particularly hard for people in his position.

It's his intention to keep quiet about testing positive and to carry on working in the cab that bothers me.

8 minutes ago, gloverlover said:

They actually seem to say any vehicle used to provide a public transport service from what I can see.

You are correct. I have been told by good source that taxis/private hire cars were not originally included. Our invite to the party was late. 🙂 Wish they had kept it! 😆

10 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Pointless even communicating with people like you. Masks in shops are NOT mandatory. Do you not understand that. They are temporary and only advised. They ARE mandatory in public transport. I opened a debate, that's it. If you cannot understand that, I'm sorry for you. 

Yeah I get that, but taxis aren't a shop, they're public transport surely 

Edited by Hooly

48 minutes ago, Hooly said:

Yeah I get that, but taxis aren't a shop, they're public transport surely 

Good morning

They are a form of public passenger vehicle listed within the 2001 Road Transport Act. From the regulations passed that's what is laid down.

So regarding the shop. You are correct that a taxi is not a shop. In shops customers are "advised" to wear a mask or face covering. In taxis it is mandatory. It is also mandatory for the driver. In other words the Government has stretched its power in a way in never did before. Very sadly, worryingly and kinda interesting many on this thread don't think that's interesting. I think that's actually scary that society is falling asleep at the wheel. 

15 minutes ago, Declan said:

It's a temporary, short term, minor requirement to deal with a surge in infections during a pandemic. 

Good morning.

Interesting. 

It does not show that in the regulations. I would be very interested in a link to show me that. I have asked for verification from two political representatives. None could give me that verification. 

13 minutes ago, Declan said:

Taxi drivers and passengers should be wearing masks.

Why are you looking for loopholes in the regulations to stop you doing the right thing?

I guess you couldn't find the necessary link and used a diversion tactic? It's fine because I didn't think said link was available. 

Just to answer your question, listen to the podcast on Manx Radio or read this thread from the start. I have much to do today that won't involve covering my handsome face to the world. Your answer if you look or listen will take you 30 minutes tops. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf