Mannin Line Today

hissingsid

2 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

I guess you couldn't find the necessary link and used a diversion tactic? It's fine because I didn't think said link was available. 

There is an amendment to the principal regs changing a date in them from Jan 2022 to 31 March 2022, possibly when the regs expire?

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

There is an amendment to the principal regs changing a date in them from Jan 2022 to 31 March 2022, possibly when the regs expire?

I shall look again. I might need to ask you to direct me. I am genuinely interested. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf

5 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Fair enough. Good for you. Have a fantastic day. Don't forget to mask up in public transport. It's the law don't you know and do not question why. 

I know why, it's to prevent the spread of COVID during a period of high prevalence. 

And I don't need a law to tell me that, why do you?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Just get fed up answering the same questions. I sent him to have a look. He cannot be asked, I cannot be asked. I have things to do. 

Why don't you just do what is required without complaint? How important, considering the bigger picture, is your grumble? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

it's boring that with the prospect that I might have to wear a mask by law for the next 20 years it's boring to raise a question when emailing political representatives gets me nowhere

Sorry, looks like you won't be a martyr after all. 😷😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, emesde said:

Sorry, looks like you won't be a martyr after all. 😷😀

A martyr? What's that got to do with raising a question as to why some consultation had not been raised with the taxi/private hire trade before the regulations passed Tynwald? Nothing I feel. 😷😆

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Just checked.  It is an expiry date. 

I shall look later. Thank you. I do appreciate that. I genuinely have asked the question to ??? but no answer given. This is precisely the reason why I raised my concerns regarding the lack of consultation. I hope you understand that. Many on here seem incapable of grasping that simple point.

Edited by Bazza Smurf

26 minutes ago, quilp said:

Why don't you just do what is required without complaint? How important, considering the bigger picture, is your grumble? 

I do what is required. I merely raised a point that the mandating (lawful regulation of masks) should have been more widely promoted so passengers knew about it and drivers also knew about it and even more important what the regulations were. 

Why is that difficult for you to understand? Is it because you have jumped in and not read the posts so far? I have answered your question. I have been asked the same question on this same thread a few times now. I sincerely apologise if I sound a bit wound up, but I have answered the question before. 

38 minutes ago, Declan said:

I know why, it's to prevent the spread of COVID during a period of high prevalence. 

And I don't need a law to tell me that, why do you?

Read back through the previous posts. I have answered this question before. I am not answering it again. The clue is in the lack of consultation with the 300+ drivers and the lack of information and clarity for the several hundreds of passengers who knew NOTHING about these regulations and many still do not. I could add much more but I have added much to this topic in here over the last 24 hours. I have not got time now. 

Please agree or disagree with me. That's fine ether way. Understand though that you should read all of what I have posted on here first to save us both time. 

If nitpicking is what we are doing, that's a different story. At least be upfront with me. 

10 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

I do what is required. I merely raised a point that the mandating (lawful regulation of masks) should have been more widely promoted so passengers knew about it and drivers also knew about it and even more important what the regulations were. 

I agree, you should have done more to promote the requirement to your customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I agree, you should have done more to promote the requirement to your customers. 

In what way? I advise every customer getting in, most of which are not wearing masks. I rang Manx Radio and tried to bring the topic to the attention of the public. I emailed the RTLC and asked them to send out an advisory to the trade and make a public announcement. The trade itself has worked with Douglas Corporation to ensure masks are being handed out this weekend at Victoria Street Rank. .

Apologies it's not enough. I'll try harder. 🥴