Getting it wrong - again

Passing Time

2 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I'm welling up here thinking of our old gran's send off up at the crem. As the curtains closed we all had a very emotional pushing of the pineapple with the Funeral Agadoo as the undertaker Funeral Moonwalked out of the side door. It's what she would have wanted.

We played Battle Hymn of the Republic by Red Nichols and his Five Pennies at my fathers funeral. Here in the version from the Danny Kaye biopic of Red Nichols.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We played Battle Hymn of the Republic by Red Nichols and his Five Pennies at my fathers funeral. Here in the version from the Danny Kaye biopic of Red Nichols.

I've instructed my kids to play 'Highway to Hell' as my coffin goes into the flames, just to freak out the Christians in the congregation (probably won't be any, but you never know)

5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I've instructed my kids to play 'Highway to Hell' as my coffin goes into the flames, just to freak out the Christians in the congregation (probably won't be any, but you never know)

Dad’s instructions were no religious component and preferably a black bin liner off the stern of the ferry.

Even the first was impossible as the Christian religious symbols are fixed in the crem and can’t be removed.

4 hours ago, quilp said:

Hey, don't blame me! All I did was search for `funeral waltz' as a slightly humorous response in relation to a previous post about doom music for the TT. That vid popped up, I listened to less than 30 seconds of it and posted it.

Blimey. 🤭

Imagine the uproar had you labelled it the Funeral Tango

59 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My dad wanted to be loaded into the wheelbarrow and dumped in the river by our house. For various reasons it was deemed impossible.

My mother, when making her will, was asked by the advocate in a delicate manner (it might have been you John - I’ve often wondered), whether, after her demise she wished to be buried or cremated and, after a bit of thought, she replied, ‘surprise me!’

Was it you? 

Ps - love your father’s send off music. 

Hope they didn't cremate her before she died. That would've been a hell of a surprise

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I think you are being two hard on yourself as I would hope at least your kids would turn up so at least there is some sort of congregation.

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

I want “Death Trip” by Cockney Rebel from their first album “The Human Menagerie”

Apart from it being one of my all time favourites it’s about ten minutes long so will teach the buggers at my funeral to wait before they rush to tuck into the drink and food at my estates expense.

Edited by The Voice of Reason