When a bus shelter isn't good enough (former shopkeeper kicks off down South)

Manx Bean

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, TheTeapot said:

Anyone know what happened to the planning app for the buildings being done up further down? Can't remember the name of the building, where the Japanese is. The planning asked to make the road one way but I've not heard much since it was raised last year.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Derby House - the planning applications seem to have gone through in September.  The one way thing wasn't related to the planning directly but to the erection of scaffolding to do re-pointing etc.  But it seemed a bit over the top as it was suggested making it one way for a full year and that bit's effectively one way anyway.  Not heard any more (though I've heard they have been having some problems with the state of the buildings).

Ahh. Stuck in the DoI's ignore it forever tray

• Haha 1

Tony Brown seems to have sprung into the limelight recently after keeping his head down for a long time.   He was on Manx Radio with Phil Gawne this evening I cannot think of any worse listening experience than having these two droning on for 30 minutes it would be like torture by sound distortion.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Tony Brown seems to have sprung into the limelight recently after keeping his head down for a long time.   He was on Manx Radio with Phil Gawne this evening I cannot think of any worse listening experience than having these two droning on for 30 minutes it would be like torture by sound distortion.

Did Phil sing?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joebean said:

I never go to Castletown and never travel by bus. However, I do know that Tony Brown looks awful and costs a lot of public money. Does that help the discussion at all?

But at least he has been renovated in an appropriately "Victorian/Manx style".

Edited by Declan
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Re the letter from the clerk, why do they need to go to public consultation? For closing a road? What input are we, the public going to have other than we dont want it to happen? 

It went to a 'public consultation' so that no decision had to made.

I want it to happen and said so in the consultation. I'm not opposed to the one way thing becoming permanent either,.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It went to a 'public consultation' so that no decision had to made.

I want it to happen and said so in the consultation. I'm not opposed to the one way thing becoming permanent either,.

Did not realise it was for one way.

Bloody hell that's even worse, what is the harm? for a one way for a bit?

No wonder this island is falling apart.

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

Did not realise it was for one way.

Bloody hell that's even worse, what is the harm? for a one way for a bit?

No wonder this island is falling apart.

Longworth doesnt want his bus drivers to have to go to all the effort of driving along the by pass twice to get to Port Erin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Longworth doesnt want his bus drivers to have to go to all the effort of driving along the by pass twice to get to Port Erin.

Couldn’t the bus just come over bridge , up hill & come into square via Malew street or is it too narrow?