When a bus shelter isn't good enough (former shopkeeper kicks off down South)

Manx Bean

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Excellent. 

Now they can take the south 'pontoon' out, and scrap that shelter on that side and make those spaces disabled parking only. With traffic one way it makes it easier and safer to cross onto the square when that is shut to parking very soon.

And add a drop kerb so wheelchair users leaving the carpark don’t have to ride in the road. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, Declan said:

But it’s 5 minutes on every trip. So the second time the bus goes through the loop it’s 10 minutes behind and so on. 

It’s the increased overall journey time that’s the main issue here. 

There is turnaround time built in at PE but the drivers are entitled to a comfort/smoke break every 45 to 50 mins I guess....

You totally miss the point.

Should this road be closed for a YEAR or could an alternative solution have been found? OK. part closure but is it absolutely necessary for the re-construction of this less than important re-generation of Castletown???

I would rather capital outlay were to be directed to making Castletown a 'destination' for all Islanders, all year round?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Should this road be closed for a YEAR or could an alternative solution have been found? OK. part closure but is it absolutely necessary for the re-construction of this less than important re-generation of Castletown???

I would rather capital outlay were to be directed to making Castletown a 'destination' for all Islanders, all year round?

Apart from causing a bus diversion does it actually cause any motorists much inconvenience though?.

Isn't it to make the building into a bar which will make it into a "destination" surely?.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Could always leave the building to collapse and close the road entirely.

Basically happened with Balcony house years ago. 

• Like 1

All rather embarrassing in my opinion. Good on Crookall for making the U Turn but the refusal to give the rationale behind it   is silly. Why can't he just say that Longworth fucked up? 

I am intrigued to know if it's true that Nick Black is back on the payroll driving buses?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-u-turn-due-to-new-information-says-doi-minister/

• Like 1