When a bus shelter isn't good enough (former shopkeeper kicks off down South)

Manx Bean

37 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

With the price of scaffolding I'm sure they won't have their erection up for 10 minutes longer than they need to. 

I'm sure that some scaffolding deployments have been long beyond what could have been an original contract?

Maybe there are situations where, as long as the leaving in place can be negotiated beyond the contract without continuing weekly price applying???

It just seems to happen so often that the developer would not agree to the ongoing cost?

31 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

All rather embarrassing in my opinion. Good on Crookall for making the U Turn but the refusal to give the rationale behind it   is silly. Why can't he just say that Longworth fucked up? 

I am intrigued to know if it's true that Nick Black is back on the payroll driving buses?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-u-turn-due-to-new-information-says-doi-minister/

Longworth the Maleficent doesn't make mistakes.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, forestboy said:

Guess what!  No scaffolding up in Castle Street or work in progress today.

Was this a specific reason or is this just an observation. Did notice one or two of the premises that were being worked upon weren't at the start of the week.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, Kopek said:

No worse that Manx Airlines going to Glasgow instead of Liverpool???😃

A  captain joke!!!!

I once booked a ticket and got on a flight to the wrong San Jose. 

Was in LA and supposed to go to Costa Rica.  Ended up in San Jose in Northern California.  A five hour flight took one hour. 

That was embarrassing.... 

• Haha 3

So it goes along the bypass, then in past Farrant’s Way, follows the Northbound route, and back along the bypass? Wasting the time of passengers going to Port Erin and the South. 

I’m tempted to boycott Castletown shops for the duration. 

What if there's a Music Event on in the square?

Maybe the developer should be made to reduce that time of the road closure? 24 hr work schedule, get the front and the roof done, open the road again in, what, 2 months???