Locking of Covid Thread

Lost Login

In my view that is an absolutely ridiculous decision. 

Maybe the posts re Rachel Glover should have been moved to a new thread as the thread was being derailed to be about whether Rachel Glover was being truthful or not about her twitter account being hacked.  My view is the account was not hacked as I would have thought that if your account was hacked then when stating this you would completely disassociate yourself with the contents of the posts and say you have zero knowledge of the accuracy of the consents and they don't reflect your view. I don't think she has done that.

There was virtually zero mention of Mr Quin in any of the posts and when I think back to the abuse and speculation that has been allowed to be posted on here over recent times in respect of those in Tynwald, now or previously, without any action being taken I think this decision is crass.

I appreciate that this is a private forum and it is the "owners" rules, but this seems to be a decision based on the individual knowing the deceased and their family rather than the contents of any posts.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

This thread will go well.

It may well be locked or deleted but I just wanted to state my view as over time I have been absolutely appalled about some of the topics on here and the abuse or speculation about some individuals with not a word said. Many posters did not like the thread about a new AG which I would view as being far more sensitive but I don't think any comment was made 

Moving the RG posts should be moved to a new thread with a warning I would understand, equally tightening up in general on the abusive posts, especially where they involve speculation I would understand and support. This just seems a very odd reaction or reasoning to locking that thread unless something is happening behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, Lost Login said:

It may well be locked or deleted but I just wanted to state my view as over time I have been absolutely appalled about some of the topics on here and the abuse or speculation about some individuals with not a word said. Many posters did not like the thread about a new AG which I would view as being far more sensitive but I don't think any comment was made 

Moving the RG posts should be moved to a new thread with a warning I would understand, equally tightening up in general on the abusive posts, especially where they involve speculation I would understand and support. This just seems a very odd reaction or reasoning to locking that thread unless something is happening behind the scenes. 

To be fair John did warn us all. I also requested it to stop. For reasons of boredom as well as respect. A certain few ignored it. John was right to shut it down. IMO

• Like 5