Locking of Covid Thread

Lost Login

1 hour ago, Declan said:

This thread will be locked too, hopefully this time the moderator will use more sensitivity in his choice of words. 

There seems to be a very concerted attempt to block all discussion in relation to Dr Glovers laughable hack (it wasn’t a hack) and just revert to the unrelenting general Covid doom cycle and politician slagging off over the alleged covid doom that seems to set the tone for these forums. Some people probably might well find it useful to assess their own mental state if it makes them comfortable sitting inside and spreading that 24-7 cycle of negative energy over Covid and unquestioningly supporting IOM Twitters high priestess of doom. 

Edited by Paulos The Great
Tone
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

539 cases today. Oh well. 

I presume the crem is running triple shifts, 7 days a week? 

Work from home, mask up, home school, shut the boarders, isolate, keep your distance, hands, face, space ....... oh, just fuck off with the case numbers.

You are Andy Wint and I claim my five pounds.

Edited by Nom de plume

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I presume the crem is running triple shifts, 7 days a week? 

Work from home, mask up, home school, shut the boarders, isolate, keep your distance, hands, face, space ....... oh, just fuck off with the case numbers.

You are Andy Wint and I claim my five pounds.

Don’t be so stupid. I’m off out to a restaurant this evening and I’ll be out on Friday as usual. Oh well was meant as a verbal shrug. 

PS Banker understood. 

Edited by The Old Git

There’s no different treatment of Glover or Ashford. Ashford was, and is, an elected politician. He’s in the public domain. Glover has put her head above the parapet and assumed the role of a public figure, and put herself in the public domain.

Locking the “removing restrictions” thread wasn’t to protect Glover, but to give a grieving family, thrust into the spotlight by Glovers twitter feed, whoever wrote it,  some space.

There are other covid threads, post on there. This has become the main one, although most of the content isn’t related to the title.

Theres no restriction on new covid threads. We pruned down from 30 to 3 in April 2020.

Starting a new thread to get round a short term restriction is one of those pushing to see how far we can go efforts in futility

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2