Residents' concern for pop-up hotel plans in Peel

Happier diner

28 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

I can see what your saying RM but I can still see them filling them outside ofTT week people like something different to what we’ve got now. What’s wrong with giving it a season.

I think it's the location.  If they were hidden away in a woodland setting, say, you can see it might appeal to people, though they are really tiny - you wouldn't want to do more than sleep there.  But stuck at the end of Peel Prom at best they're misplaced beach huts, at worst it just says 'shanty town'.

• Like 3

As a Peel resident, I'd much rather that the area was kept as a public recreation space. It needs a bit of sprucing up and in my opinion the commissioners just don't want to spend the money. Our youth need somewhere to blow off steam and the end of the prom is an ideal area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This would not be a temporary erection.

The marquee at Derby Castle in Douglas, built for temporary storage of horse trams, was in place for at least 3 years, and has only recently been removed.

Looking further afield, some years ago, Liverpool had a marquee built for use by cruise passengers in summer months only. It was supposed to be there for summer months only. It has been there for several years and now seems to be permanent. Will this be different?

• Like 3