Onchan Commissioners …Chief Executive

hissingsid

13 minutes ago, Memorex said:

I think you might find that it is five clerks in five years if you count the temporary ones and three pay offs in five years of senior staff. But nobody seems bothered so it is business as usual. Anybody interested in the vacancy?

Five? That's just careless! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Memorex said:

I think you might find that it is five clerks in five years if you count the temporary ones and three pay offs in five years of senior staff. But nobody seems bothered so it is business as usual. Anybody interested in the vacancy?

An ideal job for Rob Callister, it will probably pay more than being an MHK, and he will finally get a Department to be charge of.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Five? That's just careless! 😆

I wonder if Commissioner Quirk who is never off the Mannin Line, will ring up and tell the Manx Public his views on this debacle.

No doubt it will be like his recollection of his time in Government, the tinted glasses ideaization world of Commissioner Quirk must be

a wonderful place to live in.

But like  Manx Gas, you can bet the subject won't be broached.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2

I know one commissioner to say hello to, who I think is thick as a plank. I also think two others are very dim. So I sympathise with anyone trying to ‘work’ with them.

Excellent suggestion fred

• Sad 1

The commissioners worked alongside Malcolm Hulme who was the Chief Executive for many years in harmony, some of those Commissioners, three definately are still serving so what has gone wrong.   There are always two sides to a story and it does seem strange if the Commissioners have suddenly turned native without reason.   As for the suggestion Onchan becomes part of Douglas…..no thank you.    In the main the Commissioners do a good job our rates have been steady for the past few years, building stock is in good order, park and green spaces are well kept , bin collections regular.   No the DouglasTown Council is something I would not wish on anyone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s right this situation is being raised. There’s a whole procession of pay offs been funded by the Onchan ratepayers over the years and it’s still largely the same dangerous dickheads who remain on the Commissioners or working for the Commissioners. 

If this was a failing UK council, the government (whichever party of power) would send in civil servants to taking control. Sadly here, Onchan Commissioners antics are almost a regular occurrence, it’s got serious issues. IOMG need to get a grip, deal with the issue, which are obviously way beyond parish pump matters. If it’s found that individual commissioners are the problem, then they need stripping of vestige of office. 

46 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If this was a failing UK council, the government (whichever party of power) would send in civil servants to taking control. Sadly here, Onchan Commissioners antics are almost a regular occurrence, it’s got serious issues. IOMG need to get a grip, deal with the issue, which are obviously way beyond parish pump matters. If it’s found that individual commissioners are the problem, then they need stripping of vestige of office. 

Sadly there is no recall mechanism.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, 2112 said:

There's Onchan, then the financial shenanigans with Port St. Mary a few years ago, Ramsey had bother.... it's all so amateur - which would be fine if they weren't costing ratepayers hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

The Government need to get a grip and replace all of this nonsense with one all island body to coordinate functions of the current so-called local authorities. One all island rate as well to fund it. 

23 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

There's Onchan, then the financial shenanigans with Port St. Mary a few years ago, Ramsey had bother.... it's all so amateur - which would be fine if they weren't costing ratepayers hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

The Government need to get a grip and replace all of this nonsense with one all island body to coordinate functions of the current so-called local authorities. One all island rate as well to fund it. 

Speaking of Rates.....

Screenshot_20220126-114509_Chrome.jpg