Onchan Commissioners …Chief Executive

hissingsid

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Speaking of Rates.....

Screenshot_20220126-114509_Chrome.jpg

Totally unsurprising isn't it? 

They have no concept of the financial pressures that people are under. I have no doubt Ashy is going to do similar with the impending budget. 

If they can't fund services then make some cuts. Close the library for a few days and cut staff hours. Cut back on the extravagant flower beds around town. 

• Like 1

To be fair to Onchan Commissioners they may have had their ups and down or perhaps more appropriately their ins and outs but they have kept the rates steady these past few years.    They maintain their building stock well, they keep the Park and open spaces well and the refuse collection is good, and the library first class.    I hope I have now not put a hex on this and there is a mammoth rise announced  🥴  …….

33 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

To be fair to Onchan Commissioners they may have had their ups and down or perhaps more appropriately their ins and outs but they have kept the rates steady these past few years.    They maintain their building stock well, they keep the Park and open spaces well and the refuse collection is good, and the library first class.    I hope I have now not put a hex on this and there is a mammoth rise announced  🥴  …….

I've heard 15% for Onchan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

The same time as they move the bins to twice weekly to save money. They’re twats the lot of them. Half of them are that busy as councillors that they’re on Twitter all the time talking bollocks and basically positioning themselves to stand for Keys in 4 years time. 

Might assist them with their policy of no longer awarding contracts on the basis of best value for money. In doing so passing on the additional cost of meeting the living wage to folk really struggling with their bills. Genius 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If she had a contract she may have been paid up to the end of it, otherwise there would have been tribunals , more lawyers bills etc and it would have dragged on.  Of course one of the long time commissioner’s daughter works in the office so they would been made aware of any bullying that went on first hand. Just saying…….

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ve heard strong suggestions that there were similar issues in the previous role the incumbent had at Nobles. Makes you wonder why they moved on. 

You may well hear similar stories from Onchan, but i'm more inclined to lean towards management rather than bullying. Answerable to a bunch of dimwits at board level, and lazy freeloaders and troublemakers lower down. Anyone who takes that role and attempts to bring much needed and long overdue change will face exactly the same situation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

If she had a contract she may have been paid up to the end of it, otherwise there would have been tribunals , more lawyers bills etc and it would have dragged on.  Of course one of the long time commissioner’s daughter works in the office so they would been made aware of any bullying that went on first hand. Just saying…….

Good to hear of allegations of commissioners employing their own family, in turn the  commissioner’s are following the Manx traditions of practicing nepotism in the workplace. It doesn’t matter whether he/she is the best fit for the job, vacancies must be open to all, and be seen to be a fair recruiting process. 

I worked for her as a supplier late in 2020, early 2021. She always struck me as very organised and particularly good at managing spends & calendars. Attended several meetings with her which were always efficient and conversations with subordinates seemed professional. Didn't strike me at all as the bullying type, but more of someone who wouldn't suffer fools.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, germann said:

I worked for her as a supplier late in 2020, early 2021. She always struck me as very organised and particularly good at managing spends & calendars. Attended several meetings with her which were always efficient and conversations with subordinates seemed professional. Didn't strike me at all as the bullying type, but more of someone who wouldn't suffer fools.

In echo the above entirely, based on my own experience. It's good to see some comment based on actual substance rather than rumour.

• Haha 1