Diary of a Nobody

manxman34

I don't have a problem with MHKs keeping the voters up to date like this. The problem with Rob's blog wasn't the idea, it was the Pooterish execution. 

I just hope it doesn't mess up my you-tube algorhythm and I end up with suggestions to watch the kind of videos Stu watches.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s what a video blog of Rob Callisters blog would look like. Where he talks about pointless stuff rather than writes about pointless stuff. 

Except Rob's would be weekly and an hour long. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, war baby said:

Be thankful for small mercies.  At least we have an MHK who can sound coherent on the radio and tv.

That was never in doubt, but what has he achieved? He was going to break eggs with a big stick, and he's still finding his way round the building. He's costing how much? Hope he finds the exit at the next election. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To be fair to Stu, he is always contactable as an MHK, is pleasant and personable, and if he is able to help he does. He tells it as it is, straightforward and no bullshit. If it’s something he doesn’t understand or doesn’t think he could do, he tells you  - at least he doesn’t bullshit. I have had cause to seek his help, with a health related Manx Care issue, and his help worked wonders. Compared to last MHKs Middle had, at least one is a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, war baby said:

He set out his stall clearly at the election.  He said he would not take up any government post even if offered in the first year.  Instead he would wait, watch and learn.  He's been there three months.  Give him a chance... we live in hope.

But he has got a government job, he’s vice chairman at OFT

Fair play to him though. I disagree with him about most things but at least he's bothered to take the time to make this video and explain his thinking and decision making so far. I think his constituents will appreciate it, I know I do as a non-constituent of his, I would be delighted if my MHK's would do the same.

Good on you Stu, enjoy the banter but don't let anyone tell you you're doing the wrong thing with these vids.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2