Diary of a Nobody

manxman34

2 hours ago, manxman34 said:

So you did not do your research, and did not know how to do something as basic as follow up on a constituent's concerns? What sloppy standards there must be in your super-efficient commercial world!

You're a village idiot. But have a nice day as you jog on...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, manxman34 said:

So you did not do your research, and did not know how to do something as basic as follow up on a constituent's concerns? What sloppy standards there must be in your super-efficient commercial world!

You do realise that there is probably nothing basic about following up on a constituents concerns?  The concerns will be wide and varied, as will the potential avenues within IOMG that can be followed   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

You do realise that there is probably nothing basic about following up on a constituents concerns?  The concerns will be wide and varied, as will the potential avenues within IOMG that can be followed   

I have no idea what concerns that SP has been dealing with, but the impression has often been that those who spend a lot of time on constituents matters are often just dealing with local authority issues. Great that they care but if you want to deal with such matters go and become a commissioner not an MHK.

I have no time with MHK's who say they do not want to be part of Government and want simply to be part of the opposition. If you don't have anything to contribute don't stand and if you only want to scrutinise try and be an MLC.  I can understand that an MHK might not accept being part of Government if they deemed voting rules etc to be to restrictive but to rule out when you have no idea what a Government's policies and procedures might be I don't understand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

I think you've cornered that market, and how quickly you resort to silly abuse!

Run Forrest, run. And take Larry and Mo with you. You start a thread with a title like this and accuse ME of silly abuse? Get a grip if you can give it and not take it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I have no idea what concerns that SP has been dealing with, but the impression has often been that those who spend a lot of time on constituents matters are often just dealing with local authority issues. Great that they care but if you want to deal with such matters go and become a commissioner not an MHK.

Not sure how you arrive at that. Commissioners have very little power (no power?) compared to an MHK. The MHKs I know who deal with constituency matters  can be delving deep into Government matters and beyond.  

I have no time with MHK's who say they do not want to be part of Government and want simply to be part of the opposition. If you don't have anything to contribute don't stand and if you only want to scrutinise try and be an MLC.  I can understand that an MHK might not accept being part of Government if they deemed voting rules etc to be to restrictive but to rule out when you have no idea what a Government's policies and procedures might be I don't understand.

The electorate decide. Peter Karran was seen as a sort of opposition in that he resisted becoming a Minister and often questioned what Government was doing. He was consistently voted top of the poll in Onchan and most times gained more votes than any other MHK on the Island.

I'm sure SP will speak for himself, but I think he was more wanting to see how the situation was rather than go begging for a seat at the top table from day one, as some clearly do.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

Run Forrest, run. And take Larry and Mo with you. You start a thread with a title like this and accuse ME of silly abuse? Get a grip if you can give it and not take it.

Stu, the guys an idiot just let him get on with it and don’t let yourself get involved like this. It’s unbecoming for an MHK. For what it’s worth I think you’re doing OK. Video was a good idea despite the inevitable detractors.

• Thanks 1

I have no idea what concerns that SP has been dealing with, but the impression has often been that those who spend a lot of time on constituents matters are often just dealing with local authority issues. 

How did you reach that impression? 

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

He carries on much of his research in the aisles of Tesco.  I often see him holding court at the end of the fruitcake aisle.

I regularly see SP ( or did) sat on the bench forward of the tills in Victoria Road Shoprite near the entrance to the chemists.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that