Man driving hearse is sacked for inappropriate use of social media

Just now, Declan said:

If you want to keep potentially sackable behaviour private don't post it to facebook.

100% agree. It’s still not the medias role to publicise a story, unless a criminal offence has occurred and the individual has been charged. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I wasn’t saying what was right or wrong if the individual concerned but merely stated a view that it was an employer/employee private matter, and not really a news item for broadcast on the NPM. It’s my view, but others are free to disagree.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you but this joker went public with it to begin with. Hence the employer's initiative to issue a public statement that he was sacked as a result. Maintains their integrity, or something along those lines. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 2112 said:

100% agree. It’s still not the medias role to publicise a story, unless a criminal offence has occurred and the individual has been charged. 

He put it out on FB.  The Manx Radio report probably got him more views/likes/shares, which is probably what he wanted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Personally I didn’t think was something that was newsworthy to report on a taxpayer funded supposed media outlet.

So are they only supposed to publish news stories that meet with your editorial approval? 

You always have the option of not reading it. 

It would never have happened under the watch of Tim Glover... it would have been a story about covid numbers in schools and how DESC is failing.

Edited by James Blonde

15 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

@quilp @wrighty

Story goes like this.

Keggin junior does “funny” video compilation and sends, privately, to  girlfriend.

Keggin junior cheats on girl friend

Girlfriend finds out

Girlfriend publishes video on FB in revenge

your cock always gets you into trouble one way or another.

Quite a few on FB saying that he's a nice guy, egged on by his girlfriend to make the video who then posted it on there as revenge. Still shouldn't have done it.

Interestingly, some of the vigilante's fan club were calling for his hard drive to be seized, whatever that is? :P  It goes to show, don't go around looking different or 'they' will grab anything hard!

Edited by Max Power

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Quite a few on FB saying that he's a nice guy, egged on by his girlfriend to make the video who then posted it on there as revenge. Still shouldn't have done it.

Interestingly, some of the vigilante's fan club were calling for his hard drive to be seized, whatever that is? :P  It goes to show, don't go around looking different or 'they' will grab anything hard!

He was a nice guy when I knew him, not spoken to him for about 10 years mind (didn't even recognise him in the MR story photo!). I'd imagine driving a hearse for a living gives you a bit of an odd relationship with death. Still, clearly poor form. Not that I'd be arsed if I was the one in the back, but I can see why some would.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

He was a nice guy when I knew him, not spoken to him for about 10 years mind (didn't even recognise him in the MR story photo!). I'd imagine driving a hearse for a living gives you a bit of an odd relationship with death. Still, clearly poor form. Not that I'd be arsed if I was the one in the back, but I can see why some would.

If I was in the back, and arsed, I’d be worried …

• Haha 11