Man driving hearse is sacked for inappropriate use of social media

It's a very unfortunate incident but Keggen and Son's are a superb funeral directors. They have buried most of my family members (I sound like a serial killer), and have been absolutely faultless each time! I know the lad in question, he is actually a really nice young man, unfortunately he has allowed his dark humour to cloud his judgement, but without doubt I want Keggen's to bury me when the time comes, and hopefully the lad in question will be driving the hearse to the crematorium, and having a chuckle too. 

No doubt plod will get a statistic because he was using his phone while driving. I watched the video a few times, and laughed at the darkness of the content. I bet the poor lad is squirming like Basil Fawlty, but I bet a lot of people in jobs involving death have lightened the mood with some dark humour. It's massively bitten him on the arse, and yes it is disrespectful, but nobody died for fucks sake 😉

I read some really supercilious hysterical witch hunt comments on Facebook (some from people I know), and I just hope that it doesn't affect the family business because they are excellent funeral directors.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

It's a very unfortunate incident but Keggen and Son's are a superb funeral directors. They have buried most of my family members (I sound like a serial killer), and have been absolutely faultless each time! I know the lad in question, he is actually a really nice young man, unfortunately he has allowed his dark humour to cloud his judgement, but without doubt I want Keggen's to bury me when the time comes, and hopefully the lad in question will be driving the hearse to the crematorium, and having a chuckle too. 

No doubt plod will get a statistic because he was using his phone while driving. I watched the video a few times, and laughed at the darkness of the content. I bet the poor lad is squirming like Basil Fawlty, but I bet a lot of people in jobs involving death have lightened the mood with some dark humour. It's massively bitten him on the arse, and yes it is disrespectful, but nobody died for fucks sake 😉

I read some really supercilious hysterical witch hunt comments on Facebook (some from people I know), and I just hope that it doesn't affect the family business because they are excellent funeral directors.

Unfortunately, the Isle of Man being what it is, people will still be talking about this when this lad is 70!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Unfortunately, the Isle of Man being what it is, people will still be talking about this when this lad is 70!

Us elephant memory indigenous folk will be wiped out by then Max (40yrs time), and the island will be run by South Africans with the capital moved to Derbyhaven. They don't have the same sense of humour!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Is the invoice for your PR services in the post? 😂

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Us elephant memory indigenous folk will be wiped out by then Max (40yrs time), and the island will be run by South Africans with the capital moved to Derbyhaven. They don't have the same sense of humour!

The new Manx accent will be interesting. and the meat plant will be manufacturing Biltong! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2