Huge Ramsey Rates Rise for 2022

Non-Believer

RTC will unfortunately see all the online coverage and comment as a success.  Putting the town on the map and all that 😂

I can imagine the commissioners with keys aspirations desperately hoping to get called up to do interviews and make statements so they can get a few more likes on their Facebook pages.

34 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

RTC will unfortunately see all the online coverage and comment as a success.  Putting the town on the map and all that 😂

I can imagine the commissioners with keys aspirations desperately hoping to get called up to do interviews and make statements so they can get a few more likes on their Facebook pages.

The Commissioners' posts on the Ramsey Community FB group all seem to be desperately denying any knowledge or involvement; much deflection too. Apparently all such decisions are made by the Town Hall staff.

ETA. Admin have just barred any further debate on those pages.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

£8k - worth of Chinese tat I'm reliably told, surely a proper tree wouldn't have cost that to put up? Then again, it's RTC, they could probably double that - or the cost of illuminating it for the Xmas period has ruled it out.

Embarrassing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Yeah but Ramsey did not spend £30,000 on there's, one would hope. Unless some scally's seen them coming, like the shed on the Mersey.

Does Ramsey have a private sponsor for their Christmas lights?