Huge Ramsey Rates Rise for 2022

Non-Believer

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Here's an example of you making something up in that very post. I haven't contributed to the hitting it big thread. I understand what it is very well thank you, and am aware of some local people who have indeed 'hit it big'. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't condone gambling and I certainly don't condone the advertising of it.

Apologies then if you didn’t comment on that thread.

My mistake.

9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The Commissioners' posts on the Ramsey Community FB group all seem to be desperately denying any knowledge or involvement; much deflection too. Apparently all such decisions are made by the Town Hall staff.

ETA. Admin have just barred any further debate on those pages.

Ex-DOI is there a connection hmmm..

8 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

A bit like the old festoon on the prom did, but we all know how that played out.

Progress eh, its a bitch.

Yes they were moved to north and south quay with upgraded light bulbs. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

ETA. Admin have just barred any further debate on those pages.

It seems to be a common theme on social media now. Everything is now so shit and uniformly bad across the board delivered by self important incompetent people who don’t even have to ability to hide the fact that they’re incompetent that any public display of dissatisfaction now has to be blocked. Everything is fine inside their own heads so they just have to remove real people from pointing out that it isn’t to keep up their delusions.

13 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Luckily there are still places where keyboard warriors can still slag off authorities with multiple sock puppets. ;) 

And places where people in low level politics can try to convincingly lie using some sort of false claimed authority. 

12 hours ago, english zloty said:

Ex-DOI is there a connection hmmm..

A couple of months back, a Commissioner I'm acquainted with opined that the authority is now infested with DOI cast-offs and their mates who have been found jobs outwith the authority of the elected members. Make what you will of that...

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Luckily there are still places where keyboard warriors can still slag off authorities with multiple sock puppets. ;) 

Luckily there are still places with weekly bin collections and mayoress' chains😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Yes they were moved to north and south quay with upgraded light bulbs. 

They should have been left where they were .... with the upgraded light bulbs.  The Prom is cold and uninviting now.  Bit of a mess.  If the festoon light bulbs were being upgraded what was the rationale for changing to the feeble effort in situ now?  The spindly lights would look better where the festoon lights have been placed and put the festoon lights back.  Cant help wondering if there wasn't a hint 'virtue signalling' so that rather than just the Tower of Refuge being lit in a specific colour for a specific cause 'somebody' thought it would be much more virtuous to have the whole prom lit up too?  ....