Teachers mental health

hissingsid

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

How many teachers are ‘catching it’ two or three times? 

Probably far greater than the general population.  Unsurprising, as they mix with a far greater proportion of the general population on a daily basis with next to no mitigations in place.  Would you expect their infection rate to be lower than the general population?

• Like 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

So is that a yes then? It would probably make a good FOI. How many teachers got multiple infections (two or more) of covid which resulted in time off compared to the absence rate amongst the general population? 

Put it in but the answer will probably be a yes as they surely mix with more people than average and the mitigations have widely been reported as non-existent.  Do you not understand that?  Or just choose to ignore?  Please tell.  However, highly unlikely you would actually get a response, how does gov know which employees have had multiple infections and required time off, do they collect that data?  I’d suggest not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It isn’t in the private sector. It’s sickness benefits. 

Every full time job I've had (all of which have been private sector) have had a dozen or so days a year of paid sick leave.

There's a fair chance people who work for shithouse employers who don't offer anything above SSP will fail to disclose positive results, but that's hardly the fault of teachers who you would expect to be testing positive at a higher rate anyway due to the environment they work in.

7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

https://bhs.sch.im/blog/index/view/id/200/Update%3A Students in Years 9 and 10

I heard this morning that a rumour circulating amongst some parents of Balla students that the 20 odd teachers currently absent from school have in fact resigned or are about to. 

Has anyone else out there heard this? 

I think their contracts call for a terms notice expiring on the last day of term.