Teachers mental health

hissingsid

I’d propose an additional public tax or levy called the “Banker Tax” to be solely used to ensure that teachers are paid appropriately in future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My eldest daughter is a teacher. When she first started I asked her how she dealt with feral, disruptive children. She said they were less of a problem usually than their parents, who would barge into school demanding that their darling offspring be excused normal rules of conduct and treated with respect, and that it was a shit skool anyway.

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

My eldest daughter is a teacher. When she first started I asked her how she dealt with feral, disruptive children. She said they were less of a problem usually than their parents, who would barge into school demanding that their darling offspring be excused normal rules of conduct and treated with respect, and that it was a shit skool anyway.

I too have a female relative who was in the profession.

She has/had similar or related problems. A parent, par example, who has said that when they drop their ( horrible) child off at school then teachers, the school are acting in loco parentis and if that child misbehaves in school time then it’s the school’s problem not hers.

The school should not be ringing her to come and take their child out of the school however horribly they behave because for those hours the school is responsible for their child’s behaviour. No matter that it is learnt behaviour from the home environment.

• 3 weeks later...

It's tough seeing the challenges teachers face, especially when it comes to handling behavioral issues. The pressure can be overwhelming. It's true, schools take on a big role in shaping behavior during those hours. Speaking of challenges, https://www.mentalhealth.com talks about specific phobias and coping mechanisms, which might be helpful for dealing with stressful situations like these. It's crucial to support teachers' mental health as they navigate these complex scenarios.

Edited by ChadGregory

6 hours ago, ChadGregory said:

It's tough seeing the challenges teachers face, especially when it comes to handling behavioral issues. The pressure can be overwhelming. It's true, schools take on a big role in shaping behavior during those hours.

It’s ok, AI will take over everything, including teaching and forum posts. 

17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It’s ok, AI will take over everything, including teaching

Possibly, but that's going to be a bit of a nightmare. During my schooling, in O level physics (maybe A level) someone asked the teacher how to make one of these newfangled nuclear bombs. These days, the AI machine would automatically call the police, and they would turn up at the school wearing balaclavas and carrying assault rifles. Oh, they already have.

[Actually he said - "Get 14.7 kg of U238, mould it into two hemispheres and smack them together as hard as you can". Could have been U235. Try one and if that doesn't work try the other. You will know which is the right one.

I bet you don't get quality education like that these days.

Around the same time someone asked the chemistry teacher how to make a bomb. No answer. There was a lot of hydrogen peroxide around in those days. Maybe still is]

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, VeresBenedek said:

I tried to use a similar free hotline to deal with my depression and burn out. When you have so much responsibility and so little power, it is just inevitable. But this consultation didn't work for me. I don't want to say that because it was free, no. I simply needed a more innovative solution against depression and that was it. I have lived with for ages, got used to many sorts of traditional help.

Never mind there will be one poster along in a minute who will help you cure your depression. You’ll see that teachers are really loved on this forum 👍