Teachers mental health

hissingsid

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Except teachers aren't paid on a per-child basis. 

Childminders also have to provide a quality service otherwise parents use other childminders... not the case with teachers.

Equally a teacher can't simply refuse to teach a child.  A child minder can choose to walk away from an engagement and work for another family.

• Like 2

@0bserver 2% is well below inflation. 

Perhaps instead of whining about teachers pay levels you should find yourself an employer who values its employees or join a Trade Union who will argue the case for you and your colleagues. 

If life in the private sector is so hard for you the retrain and become a teacher.  After all,  according to you, the pay is good with fantastic hours and holidays.  Why wouldn't you do it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@0bserver 2% is well below inflation. 

Perhaps instead of whining about teachers pay levels you should find yourself an employer who values its employees or join a Trade Union who will argue the case for you and your colleagues. 

If life in the private sector is so hard for you the retrain and become a teacher.  After all,  according to you, the pay is good with fantastic hours and holidays.  Why wouldn't you do it?

Some of us have to toil in the private sector to generate taxes to pay the entitled teachers. 

I think teachers feel unappreciated by the general public which of course include parents and children.   Teachers used to be looked up to and had a fair standard of living but now they see civil servants and the private sector getting a far better deal financially without the aggravation that they have to put up with day in day out.    I would not have their job for a big clock.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Some of us have to toil in the private sector to generate taxes to pay the entitled teachers. 

I have said it before I work in the private sector and pay my taxes.  I don't mind if the teachers get a better pay increase.  They perform a valuable role in society just like those who work in the NHS, Police and Fire Service.   These are all demanding and thankless tasks.

I daresay you have a cushy office job where the greatest risk you face is a paper cut whilst earning more than a teacher, police office ore fireman.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I daresay you have a cushy office job where the greatest risk you face is a paper cut whilst earning more than a teacher, police office ore fireman.

Maybe, but I can't imagine someone upset about teacher salaries is earning enough to be paying particularly substantial tax amounts...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I have said it before I work in the private sector and pay my taxes.  I don't mind if the teachers get a better pay increase.  They perform a valuable role in society just like those who work in the NHS, Police and Fire Service.   These are all demanding and thankless tasks.

Congratulations on missing the point again. 

Firstly, you don't need to worry about me. What I earn is directly linked to how much effort I put in and how hard I graft. You couldn't be more wrong with your prediction that I work in an office 🤣

They may perform a valuable role, but at the moment we're all going through a turbulent patch and we just need to crack on with it. 

Where are you proposing the money to fund a pay award should come from? Cutting education services or hiking up taxes for the GMP? 

Edited by 0bserver

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Where are you proposing the money to fund a pay award should come from? Cutting education services or hiking up taxes for the GMP? 

Reduction in middle managers and size of Govt. Reduction in stupid spending. But sure more tax is OK too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Reduction in middle managers and size of Govt. Reduction in stupid spending. But sure more tax is OK too.

So you want to heap yet more hardship on people who are already struggling with inflation running at 6+%, national insurance likely to rise and energy prices running away. 

That gives a great indication towards the sense of entitlement. 

Just now, 0bserver said:

So you want to heap yet more hardship on people who are already struggling with inflation running at 6+%, national insurance likely to rise and energy prices running away. 

That gives a great indication towards the sense of entitlement. 

Why would you assume that I want to tax those who are struggling? I'd have kept NI where it was (though removed the cap), introduced a higher top rate of tax, and slightly increased the 20% band to 25% or so.

• Like 2