Prayers (Pray for the Island)

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What sort of Christian things has she done up to this point? Turning water into wine, or feeding 5,000 people from a few loaves at the Foodbank? 

No, sending out Christmas cards to the good voters of Douglas South. 

8 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Lots enjoying being in the Tynwald choir, a remembrance cross for Remembrance Day to name a few 

Choirs don't have to be religious, and Remembrance Day is not religious.

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/remembrance/about-remembrance/act-of-remembrance#:~:text=The Act of Remembrance is,relevant to your particular community.

"The Act of Remembrance is brief and non-religious, making it exceptionally well-suited to personalised commemorations. You may assemble whatever readings, music or other elements you wish to accompany the Act of Remembrance in order to make your own ceremony or event relevant to your particular community. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Manx17 said:

Christmas = christs mass Christian’s celebrate the birth of Jesus. Even though some say he wasn’t born on the 25th of December.st Nicolas some call Santa is Christian too. Let’s see which MHKs celebrates it this year coming. 

It was a Pagan holiday before that, and has since been co-opted as a secular holiday. Not changing the name is not evidence that it is anything to do with Christianity for most people.

I don't know any atheists who don't celebrate Christmas. But by "celebrate Christmas" I mean have a lovely time with their families and friends whilst off work and eating too much. Not going to midnight mass.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

It has nothing to do with Santa hats. You said it was a pagan holiday and Santa symbolises st Nicolas. 
if she can smile for the church but thinking this is out dated, it’s lying and two faced . Can’t be trusted. 

I smiled in a church at a wedding not long ago. Absolute bastardry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

The point is, I don’t care who believes or doesn’t believe.

Though believers are by definition worthy of more respect, yes? I think you do care. How do you feel about all those godless fecks such as myself?

But you can’t trust liars and Sarah Maltby has made herself out be one.

Can you back this up with any credible evidence?

You can’t smile for the camera in Kirk bradden church one month and then say prayers are out dated the following.

Ah, so this is what your accusation centre's upon. That's not credible evidence, only an opinion based your subjectivity.

Let’s see what happens in the budget she has been apart off.

Better say your prayers then fellaaaaa...

Just now, Manx17 said:

Attending a wedding looking forward to p*as up after is completely different to singing in the choir and doing a church reading isn’t it. 

There are lots of secular choirs. I've done a reading at a wedding too actually, it wasn't a religious reading mind you. 

Perhaps time to accept that it's possible to take part in events that occur in churches without being religious and without that making you an awful person?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

But you can’t trust liars and Sarah Maltby has made herself out to be one. You can’t smile for the camera in Kirk bradden church one month and then say prayers are out dated the following. 

That is the weakest argument I have read on here since I don’t know when.

• Like 1