Howard's Wood

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

They should have more irate men on the Mannin Line instead of the current line up of pompous nutters. 

You think? This guy was absolutely raging and couldn't make a coherent point. 

He was going on about an incident the day before and couldn't contain his anger or put together a sentence. I'd say that's more worrying generally than good to have on a talk show. 

25 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

You think? This guy was absolutely raging and couldn't make a coherent point. 

They do have some right pompous eccentrics and looneys on their too though. Who is that Bonzo Slater who rings in all the time about wind farms? I though he was an amateur comedian doing a Jonathan Pie style political comedy act for a laugh. But someone the other day told me he is a real person which I find hard to believe. And the smug anti vaxxer called Juan who now seems to think he’s some sort of local celebrity. A lot of it is quite sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

They do have some right pompous eccentrics and looneys on their too though. Who is that Bonzo Slater who rings in all the time about wind farms? I though he was an amateur comedian doing a Jonathan Pie style political comedy act for a laugh. But someone the other day told me he is a real person which I find hard to believe. And the smug anti vaxxer called Juan who now seems to think he’s some sort of local celebrity. A lot of it is quite sad.

The Bonzo on the radio is the great Whitehall civil servant living past glories who know more than us plebs.

In reality he shuffles round Port St Mary cutting quite a sad figure who I can only imagine is very well supported by the state that he hates so much. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

The Bonzo on the radio is the great Whitehall civil servant living past glories who know more than us plebs.

I must pop down to PSM for a look then as I had no idea he actually exists. He sounds to me more like a Sir Roly Birkin tribute act I assumed someone had made up for a laugh. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

In reality he shuffles round Port St Mary cutting quite a sad figure who I can only imagine is very well supported by the state that he hates so much. 

He seems a bit eccentric but I don't mind him. 

26 minutes ago, BriT said:

I must pop down to PSM for a look then as I had no idea he actually exists. He sounds to me more like a Sir Roly Birkin tribute act I assumed someone had made up for a laugh. 

He’s one of a few pompous fruit cakes that MR seems to attract. 

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

He’s one of a few pompous fruit cakes that MR seems to attract. 

Like Andy Wint? 

Odd choice of photo to use on the MR website. He looks like he just got goosed in his fruit cake.

Screenshot_20220728-121120.thumb.jpg.562eb7551870031ec4e0aa8fb3df81be.jpg

Time they were giving Quirkey  a rest to .  hogging the radio every day and talking rubbish , he should be  given a Sabbatical   let's have a program consisting of people who have never rang in before , with some fresh views and comment , 

15 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Time they were giving Quirkey  a rest to .  hogging the radio every day and talking rubbish , he should be  given a Sabbatical   let's have a program consisting of people who have never rang in before , with some fresh views and comment , 

Time for a new presenter also. 

• Like 3