Manx Development Corporation

Amadeus

43 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

They have protected building status and appear to belong now to Arragon Properties

Wonder if they'll be undertaking deep retrofit?

It'll be deep profit...

6 minutes ago, war baby said:

They paid £1m the lot I think.  Tons of profit left.  I was puzzled why the commissioners ever sold them.

It was £1.5 million that was actually paid for 38 properties, so a little under £40,000 each.  At the time the Commissioners claimed it would take £1 million to bring them up to standard, which would be £66,000 each.

To replace them they were to spend £4.5 million on a scheme for 30 new homes ie £150,000 each.  Though it went over budget (though not much by DoI standards I suppose).

Cronkbourne Village as a whole has actually been listed as registered buildings since 1987, though the listing is clearly about the exteriors and the group as a whole, rather than the interiors.  Judging by planning applications, the Commissioners have been wanting to demolish and replace them for decades (some of this may go back to the Buster years).  As ever what is nice and easy is more important that what is good value.

Oddly enough I can't see any planning application since Arragon took over, so presumably they are leaving the externals alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Cronkbourne Village as a whole has actually been listed as registered buildings since 1987, though the listing is clearly about the exteriors and the group as a whole, rather than the interiors.  Judging by planning applications, the Commissioners have been wanting to demolish and replace them for decades (some of this may go back to the Buster years).  As ever what is nice and easy is more important that what is good value.

Oddly enough I can't see any planning application since Arragon took over, so presumably they are leaving the externals alone.

The external are not been altered except for repairing cracks, missing bits , tiles etc & painting