Russia

Sentience

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Yet that clip clearly showed the bow of a boat appearing seconds before the explosion

Something appears half a second before the blast in the bottom left hand corner, difficult to confirm it was a boat even frame by frame.

I wonder if events in China may have an impact on the situation in Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/14/we-all-saw-it-anti-xi-jinping-protest-electrifies-chinese-internet

Assuming the news filters through to the Russian population could it prompt the Russian people to take direct action against their rulers?

Would a potential domestic issue cause China to focus internally and if so what would that mean for Russia and Ukraine?

Obviously very early days in China but you don't normally see this sort of protest in China.

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I wonder if events in China may have an impact on the situation in Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/14/we-all-saw-it-anti-xi-jinping-protest-electrifies-chinese-internet

Assuming the news filters through to the Russian population could it prompt the Russian people to take direct action against their rulers?

Would a potential domestic issue cause China to focus internally and if so what would that mean for Russia and Ukraine?

Obviously very early days in China but you don't normally see this sort of protest in China.

AND all kicking off in Iran too.  

11 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Tensions in Onchan I've heard too. The Onchan spring uprising may just happen with outrage over the post box.

I've heard Birch Hill is going nuclear over a funny coloured phone box.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:58 PM, manxfisherman said:

Great guy Chris.  He get's up to some fun stuff. 

He got arrested for 'Funding Terrorism' a few years ago when he arrived back on the Island.  By 'terrorists,' the IOM constabulary meant the nation of Ukraine, when he was raising some funds for EOD equipment in Donbas 5 years ago.  Charges were eventually dropped, but as you can imagine that made his life quite difficult for a while.  Rather worrying for a while for me too as I'd given him some cash so by default some of it could have been traced to me and a lot of others who'd contributed.

21 hours ago, Zarley said:

This might be a stupid question, but please bear with me (I've never been a soldier) ...

Can unexploded ordnance not be reused, and if not, why not? Considering they blow them up en-mass, they must still work. 

Some of it like artillery and rockets has been fired but then not detonated on target.  As @manxfisherman says, you can't 're-load' this. 

Chris is also doing alot of landmines, booby traps and also 'rubbish ammo' which is just left abandoned randomly all over the place.  If you find ammo in containers, well stored etc, you can probably use it and the Ukrainians are doing so.  Russia has inadvertently become one of Ukraine's biggest arms suppliers.  However random piles of it which generally been poorly stored (it does corrode if left outdoors in the damp etc) you wouldn't want to use as it can and does become unstable. 

• Like 1